Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just re-flashed 24b2 again, the Marks sound more gainy now. Loving the 2203 and stealth additions

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything is working fine here. I'm really enjoying the new MV arrangement on the effected amps. The difference in feel and range of tone is dramatic. I'm looking forward to more amps with the configuration having this treatment applied. I feel like, if applicable, it may be the "missing tonal link" between the Lerxst Omega and the Silver Jubilee. The Lonestar amp models just feel and sound fantastic. There is a real sponge and weight to the notes that wasn't quite there before. And I can now get the JVMJS Crunch Orange much closer to the JCM 800 2203 than before (the former is based off of the latter). And speaking of which, the 2203 is just hard to beat for my applications and rig. Amazing sounding amp.

Overall, the latest series of updates have been an amazing ride, whether it's reworking older presets or being inspired to create new ones, it all sounds and feels more "musical." Thank you Cliff.

Transparency is a big factor nowadays. Case in point, I got off the Neural Dsp train as I was done with the smoke and mirrors. (And the flakey product) Cliff takes on all roles besides being the engineer behind the product. He even takes time to help troubleshoot with customers personally, and explains the methodologies surrounding the modeling. I'm a fan.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Added Global MV control to JS410 amp models. Master Volume has been renamed Channel MV. These two master volume controls can be used to balance the tone into the power amp (as in the real amp). The Channel MV decreases the high frequencies as it is turned down whereas the Global MV is transparent."

Sorry, a little late but i don't see the new JS410 MV Parameters in my unit (im on FW 24.00 beta2). Dont find it in "Tone", Preamp", "Poweramp" or "Advanced" pages. Theres still only one Knob named "Master Volume".
Maybe someone can show me the way?

"Added Global MV control to JS410 amp models. Master Volume has been renamed Channel MV. These two master volume controls can be used to balance the tone into the power amp (as in the real amp). The Channel MV decreases the high frequencies as it is turned down whereas the Global MV is transparent."

Sorry, a little late but i don't see the new JS410 MV Parameters in my unit (im on FW 24.00 beta2). Dont find it in "Tone", Preamp", "Poweramp" or "Advanced" pages. Theres still only one Knob named "Master Volume".
Maybe someone can show me the way?
Use the front panel, axe-edit has not been updated yet.

You must set the tone controls to "authentic".
The new master is not visible in "ideal" mode. At least for the JS410 (but not for the TX Star).
BTW: why is the new channel master not included for the Brit JVM models? I thought that they were very similar to the JS model.

Transparency is a big factor nowadays. Case in point, I got off the Neural Dsp train as I was done with the smoke and mirrors. (And the flakey product) Cliff also takes time to help troubleshoot with customers personally, and explains the methodolgies surrounding the modeling. I'm a fan.
Yes, FAS fucking rocks. Sorry for the profanity but it's pretty unmatched to any company I've been in touch with as many other users have stated as well. So much is won by just being honest even if you're right or wrong at it.

Last edited:
The new master is not visible in "ideal" mode. At least for the JS410 (but not for the TX Star).
BTW: why is the new channel master not included for the Brit JVM models? I thought that they were very similar to the JS model.

I think it's either:

Cliff just hasn't gotten around to it yet. Remember, he's lugging out these damn things to do his testing, and god knows what the hell else he's working on at any given time. Not to mention, he might want to take some time to enjoy the holidays with family. Plus, who knows how many amps in the Axe have Channel Master Volumes that affect the tone? If he were to go through and check, it could take a very long time.

or

Maybe the Channel Master Volume on the JMV410H does not affect the tone the same way it does on the Joe Satriani signature.

Just to clarify what do you mean by the improved “amp interaction” modelling? Or should I take it literally

I assume you meant the speaker and amp interaction since you said speaker compression beforehand i.e something to do with impedance curves?

Seems to me that 24.00b2 sounds even better than 23.05. I know 'The modeling did not change' and so on. No clue why I love this one. It's so dynamic and direct. 🤷‍♂️

Thank you, that was the Problem!
But shouldn‘t the MV controls be visible in both views? …maybe in the final Version?

Transparency is a big factor nowadays. Case in point, I got off the Neural Dsp train as I was done with the smoke and mirrors. (And the flakey product) Cliff also takes time to help troubleshoot with customers personally, and explains the methodolgies surrounding the modeling. I'm a fan.

I always thought I couldn’t afford FAS. Bought many many other products to be disappointed. Once I bit the bullet and paid a fraction more for FAS, I realized I’ve spent more money trying to save money. A little more gets you the best when it comes with FAS products.

My wife's grandfather always said "First-Class, First Time." I don't think you have to be rich to go by that philosophy, I think instead it's best just to think carefully about what you're buying and for what purpose, and really consider when it counts. Whenever my wife and I have stomached paying for what looks like the most reliable and best built product in this world of built in obsolescence, it has paid dividends in our quality of life. With regard to the Axe-FX III, I'm so grateful I'm not scouring forums how to coax more natural and responsive tone from my modeller. It's all just sitting there, waiting for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom