Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am using high quality thick shielded cables.
It was working perfectly fine in 23.05, zero clicks for hours and hours.

I think it sees the clock as reported on the AxeFx screen, but internally it's not syncing to it.
Send a 19kHz sine tone to the AxeFx from a DAW plugin and back to DAW to test for clicks.

View attachment 131450

View attachment 131451

I was able to replicate it. It's an optimizer bug. I've moved the code out of the thread into a deoptimized function and it appears to be fixed. I want to do some more testing then I'll release an update.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved Stack/Hold behavior in Delay block. Note that if the Compander is enabled Stack/Hold is not available and will be disabled.

I am always glad for stack/hold improvements as I use the tape delay as a looper sometimes. Is there any way to bring the compander back into it though? I like setting it to enhance or shave the attack on a long delay line, setting hold, and letting it deteriorate away as I loop other thing. Bummer for me if this goes away.

@FractalAudio Can't change the SIC of the Mk V models in the editor, but can do it on the UI. Not sure if that's because the editor is not up to date for this beta, but I also can't do it for the green mode model. (Which I thought the editor was updated since that model was added, but I'd have to check the RN's.)

Edit: Yeah, the latest editor update (which I'm running) was to support 23.03, which was when the green mode was added, but can't change the SIC for that model either.

Last edited:
Can't change the SIC of the Mk V models in the editor, but can do it on the UI. Not sure if that's because the editor is not up to date for this beta, but I also can't do it for the green mode model. (Which I thought the editor was updated since that model was added, but I'd have to check the RN's.)
Hi TSJMajesty, it's working for me. I had to turn off the Auto-Dyna Cab Imp, but that's normal, at least in my experience.

Hi TSJMajesty, it's working for me. I had to turn off the Auto-Dyna Cab Imp, but that's normal, at least in my experience.
Ah, ok, that does work.

But why would I be able to change it on the UI with ADCI turned 'ON', on the UI, but not on the editor? Seems to me, user error notwithstanding, they both should function the same, no?

Reactions: yek
Hmm looks like I made 23.05 backup for nothing - This release IS AWESOME - pinch harmonics now to die for - it was a bit of work to get them to sound on E and A strings and to sound and sustain in a mix - not now they cut thru and sound nice - huge thanks

Ah, ok, that does work.

But why would I be able to change it on the UI with ADCI turned 'ON', on the UI, but not on the editor? Seems to me, user error notwithstanding, they both should function the same, no?
I have no idea. I agree that it should work the same on both the editor and the UI. This seems like a difference that could be adjusted from either the editor or the software teams fairly easily compared to things that seem like actual bugs and not workflow consistency.

Hmm looks like I made 23.05 backup for nothing - This release IS AWESOME - pinch harmonics now to die for - it was a bit of work to get them to sound on E and A strings and to sound and sustain in a mix - not now they cut thru and sound nice - huge thanks
Interesting I wonder what changed unless it’s the cab interaction updates ?
I did not see anything further on preamp modelling

Anybody else having to bump amp levels by +/- 1db? Everything sounds good but to my ears there are ever so slight differences in amp levels. I also messed with presence and depth to get around this since they (kinda) govern the relationship between amp and cab, which this FW seems to have improved.

EDIT: nevermind. The IR Player block (which has IRs of room correction EQ sweeps) in my preset was shunted which skewed my perception.

Last edited:
Improved accuracy of TX Star models. Global MV controls have been added as the Channel MV in these amps affect the tone (and interacts with the Presence control).
Is this global master similar to the output knob when the loop on the amp is engaged?

I was able to replicate it. It's an optimizer bug. I've moved the code out of the thread into a deoptimized function and it appears to be fixed. I want to do some more testing then I'll release an update.

My AF3 is no longer clocking to my TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48 audio interface since this new beta vs. v23.05

The AF3 seems happy enough, as it's not showing "(no clock)" but it's slipping on the TC master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom