Axe-Fx III Firmware 24.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are professional audio interfaces?
I'm using a consumer grade (ie. shitty) Focusrite interface, it didn't lose sync with any prior firmware with external SPDIF clock source. 🥺
Yeah, everything still clocking here.

Some people would laugh at these interfaces, but I think they're really good tbh!

I just played for a few minutes, so the next paragraph may not be completely true. I'll edit if necessary.

I'm having some issues with the C note region, while palm muting, it overpowers other notes. I'm pretty sure that the room is involved in this. While this got gradually better with some firmware updates, this firmware seems to be one of those that addresses this specific situation. Now I can give in a little more bass without making that C palm mute vibrate the whole room. While I really liked the 23.05 tones (especcially the Stealth), this one is more joyful to play, due to that this C note situation got much subtler.

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved speaker compression and amp interaction modeling.

Changed Master Volume taper for Recto1 models to agree with actual amp. This will slightly reduce the volume into the virtual power amp. Audition presets accordingly.

Added Global MV control to JS410 amp models. Master Volume has been renamed Channel MV. These two master volume controls can be used to balance the tone into the power amp (as in the real amp). The Channel MV decreases the high frequencies as it is turned down whereas the Global MV is transparent.

Added USA MK V Red amp models.

Improved accuracy of USA JP IIC+ models.

Improved accuracy of TX Star models. Global MV controls have been added as the Channel MV in these amps affect the tone (and interacts with the Presence control).

Improved Stack/Hold behavior in Delay block. Note that if the Compander is enabled Stack/Hold is not available and will be disabled.

Improved handling of external word clock. If no clock is present unit will fall back to internal clock until a clock is detected.

Fixed attack behavior of Dynamicomp model to strong input signals. Default attack time also adjusted to match reference pedal.

Fixed wrong PI bias point in Class-A 30W models.

Fixed several mistakes in Div/13 CJ amp models.

Fixed several mistakes in Two Stone J35 models.

Fixed wrong phase inverter bias excursion parameters in Car Ambler model.

Various other fixes and improvements.
So.....the good old question....reset amp block? ;) :tongueclosed:

@FractalAudio
On my setup (Focusrite) it doesn't sync with external clock anymore, click... click... click... click. very sad. :(
Maybe an Auto setting would be a good solution?
Please bring manual mode.
Check that your Focusrite clock is the right frequency. If it's 44.1 you'll probably get clicks now because the Axe-Fx will see that the clock is wrong and fall back to internal. But then it'll see that there's a clock and try to lock to external. And back-and-forth once per second.

Check that your Focusrite clock is the right frequency. If it's 44.1 you'll probably get clicks now because the Axe-Fx will see that the clock is wrong and fall back to internal. But then it'll see that there's a clock and try to lock to external. And back-and-forth once per second.
I'm on 48kHz.
It was (is) rock solid in 23.05.

Try a different cable. I've tested it with a couple different interfaces and everything is working as expected.
I am using high quality thick shielded cables.
It was working perfectly fine in 23.05, zero clicks for hours and hours.

I think it sees the clock as reported on the AxeFx screen, but internally it's not syncing to it.
Send a 19kHz sine tone to the AxeFx from a DAW plugin and back to DAW to test for clicks.

20231216_153129.jpg

ae.jpg

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/24p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_24p00_beta1.zip

Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Notes​

Improved speaker compression and amp interaction modeling.

Changed Master Volume taper for Recto1 models to agree with actual amp. This will slightly reduce the volume into the virtual power amp. Audition presets accordingly.

Added Global MV control to JS410 amp models. Master Volume has been renamed Channel MV. These two master volume controls can be used to balance the tone into the power amp (as in the real amp). The Channel MV decreases the high frequencies as it is turned down whereas the Global MV is transparent.

Added USA MK V Red amp models.

Improved accuracy of USA JP IIC+ models.

Improved accuracy of TX Star models. Global MV controls have been added as the Channel MV in these amps affect the tone (and interacts with the Presence control).

Improved Stack/Hold behavior in Delay block. Note that if the Compander is enabled Stack/Hold is not available and will be disabled.

Improved handling of external word clock. If no clock is present unit will fall back to internal clock until a clock is detected.

Fixed attack behavior of Dynamicomp model to strong input signals. Default attack time also adjusted to match reference pedal.

Fixed wrong PI bias point in Class-A 30W models.

Fixed several mistakes in Div/13 CJ amp models.

Fixed several mistakes in Two Stone J35 models.

Fixed wrong phase inverter bias excursion parameters in Car Ambler model.

Various other fixes and improvements.
You guys continue to amaze!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom