Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.05 Release

Did I miss it or is Herbie MK3 a new model? EDIT - ah yep, firmware 21. Move along now.
Feeling Dumb Jim Carrey GIF

As I and others have pointed out, the ultimate thread derail is 100 posts saying nothing but "OMG, Cliff, thank you!"
I'm sure it never gets old as the company owner.
Who wouldn't want to read 100 times a week how great you are, how unworthy everyone else is and an endless torrent of "thank you's"?
Hell, I'd break things just to fix them later and have everyone thank me for it!!!

I'm sure it never gets old as the company owner.
Who wouldn't want to read 100 times a week how great you are, how unworthy everyone else is and an endless torrent of "thank you's"?
Hell, I'd break things just to fix them later and have everyone thank me for it!!!
Cliff himself said he agreed actually.

I've been playing mostly with the FAS Moderns, OG 5153, Plexi's and lately the REVVs (fresh additions) but had a go at the latest Stealth models...holy shiznit instantly my new favorite!!!!! The red is insane and I was able to dial in "my tone" ridiculously easy without the need for a lot of EQ to shape the sound. Mirror's my actual head. I put my AF3 into the matrix PA to one of my mesa cabs and listening to both, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between the real deal and the fractal. Now to get this magic into the FM9!!! Thanks Cliff & Crew !!!

I absolutely LOVE the Stealth Red, combined with the 1960 dynacab, which is my favorite cab for guitar, but I also like the 5153 dynacab, it sounds clearer, but I cannot dial out the boominess of that cab, regardless of the amp. Do you have any suggestions for mics and placement for that cab?

I absolutely LOVE the Stealth Red, combined with the 1960 dynacab, which is my favorite cab for guitar, but I also like the 5153 dynacab, it sounds clearer, but I cannot dial out the boominess of that cab, regardless of the amp. Do you have any suggestions for mics and placement for that cab?
I would say keep that 5153 cab if you like it, but play with IC´s in the amp block.
I´m sure there is one, that will clean the low end for you, for example brit 800.
If that´s not enough, maybe bump up low cut in the cab preamp tab block a bit, which also cleans the low end without loosing it´s punch.

Last edited:
Where is the presence set
What is the low cut on the Cab?
I watched this vid from Burgs and like his 5153 cab settings so much I am going to use them there is no flub and it cuts beautifully
Stealth starts about 6:45

I would say keep that 5153 cab if you like it, but play with IC´s in the amp block.
I´m sure there is one, that will clean the low end for you, for example brit 800.
If that´s not enough, maybe bump up low cut in the cab preamp tab block a bit, which also cleans the low end without loosing it´s punch.
IIRC, the 5153 SIC has one of clearest low ends. Might have to bump up low cut or move the mic away a bit.

Back
Top Bottom