Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Release Candidate (Beta #6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
More troubleshooting: The problem seems to be with Per Preset Overrides not carrying over Layout Links. If I set the global selection of preset 8 in Layout to include a Layout Link to Layout 6, it works as intended.

So, consolidating, I think there may be two potential bugs I'm finding:

1. Per Preset Override Preset Selections in Layout 6 seem to be triggered only after a delay.
  2. Per Preset Overrides do not seem to be triggering Layout Links correctly.
I may have done something wrong, but I have reset by FC12, and the problems persist. There are easy workarounds of course, but still I don't think this behavior is intended.

So with all the new Reverbs does anyone have a fav to use with an Acoustic preset? recommended block /settings? I just pulled out my acoustic today and created a simple preset. Having loads of fun cycling through the various reverbs. I was looking for the Rich Hall...I'm sure I missed a thread somewhere, has this been replaced or renamed?

Last edited:
Good question. I’m having a blast with the reverbs on my electric tones but I’m struggling to find one I’m happy with for my acoustic.

So with all the new Reverbs does anyone have a fav to use with an Acoustic preset? recommended block /settings? I just pulled out my acoustic today and created a simple preset. Having loads of fun cycling through the various reverbs. I was looking for the Rich Hall...I'm sure I missed a thread somewhere, has this been replaced or renamed?
Yep Mechanics hall i think

The 15 new reverbs are extraordinary!!!
There is an important jump in quality when I compare them with the others we have available.
I wonder if the improvements implemented by Cliff in these 15 algorithms could bring in the future improvements in the quality of all the other types of reverbs and even in other blocks such as Plexi delays

So, consolidating, I think there may be two potential bugs I'm finding:

1. Per Preset Override Preset Selections in Layout 6 seem to be triggered only after a delay.
  2. Per Preset Overrides do not seem to be triggering Layout Links correctly.
I may have done something wrong, but I have reset by FC12, and the problems persist. There are easy workarounds of course, but still I don't think this behavior is intended.

Both Per Preset Placeholders and Per Preset Overrides are switching presets seamlessly for me, but I can confirm that Layout Links are not working for either one.

Last edited:
I see it in my unit. Reverb model #53

Did you 'Refresh After New Firmware' on the Editor?

EDIT... I was on beta 4. I thought that beta 6 was just bug fixes. I didn't realize that even more reverb models had been added/renamed/shuffled.

Last edited:
Bug:
I installed beta 6. All my Dyna Caps are gone now. I installed them new - still the same, even in the AxeFx, even after "Refresh ......"
Strange: I was just going back to FW 22.01 without installing the dyna-cabs new. Now I have them back after losing them with installing beta 6.
???

Okay, it was my mistake. Sorry. I installed FW22 beta6. It was still on my desktop ... :persevere:

Last edited:
Sounds like maybe you installed the wrong firmware.

Double check to make sure what version you're running.

If you were on the correct firmware and they weren't installed, you'd get a prompt on boot telling you they aren't installed.
Thank you, you´re right: Wrong firmware ...

I am also working on an acoustic (+ vocal) preset. As an always on reverb, I gravitate towards the plates - Currently London Plate is still my favorite. I tried the Gold Plate, but I ended up prefering london. For the guitar solo spot reverb, I am using one of the larger hall verbs - could well be the mechanics (previously rich) hall, but I'll check later.

I am not sure, if this is bug only for this fw, but sat switch when set to ON (not ideal) works differently than it used to.

What I mean by that.. if you load say brit 800 and set the sat switch ON with value to 4, there is not that much of an effect, than it used to be a few fw back. also when you crank the value to 10, there isn´t as much of an effect as used to be.

It can be heard when you set the same value and switch between ON and ON IDEAL.
On IDEAL there is a lot more effect (and actually how it used to be for ON setting).
It should have the same amount of drive between ON and ON ideal, with only difference being that ON will have volume reduction.

Last edited:
A few years back, I had tap tempo and tuner sharing a button. The tap was going based on when the switch was released.
If that was the behavior in the past it's not now. My main layout uses the same switch for tap tempo and tuner. Tempo is registered on the press.

Both Per Preset Placeholders and Per Preset Overrides are switching presets seamlessly for me, but I can confirm that Layout Links are not working for either one.

And I wanted to make sure, there was no delay either when you switched presets using per preset overrides in factory layout 6? Because it was seamless for me too, the difference was a delay in loading the new preset.

The FC firmware engineer is looking into this.

I just snuck in a moment to do a whole system reset, then another reset of the FC12, and now the per preset override does carry over the Layout Link correctly when switching presets from factory Layout 1, but the delay in switching presets from a per-preset override in Layout 6 remains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom