Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Release Candidate (Beta #6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a gig last night with the FM9 and the comparison between my Axe III and FM9 gap less switching was stark. I use the same presets and rehearse/practice with the Axe III. I have adapted using the FM9 but what a difference….. Very apparent. Cliff, wonderful work addressing the gap. Hope it ports over to FM9 as it will raise the high bar the FM9 has already achieved.

In the preset I've attached there is a delay when you switch between Scene 1 (Root) and Scene 4 (Lead) using the FC12. I use Layout 6 on the FC12 for this. I've created this with stock cabs. Thanks for looking into it!

Attachments

• Death 848.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
In the preset I've attached there is a delay when you switch between Scene 1 (Root) and Scene 4 (Lead) using the FC12. I use Layout 6 on the FC12 for this. I've created this with stock cabs. Thanks for looking into it!

Man, I spent so much time the other night trying to figure this out before I posted today, but I just figured out the cause of this: the delay in activating Secne 4 from the bottom right switch occurs only when I have the MLM Switch Combo Enabled on the FC12! I noticed that it seemed like this switch seemed to be engaging only when I lift my foot, and that led me to find this cause. But still, it does not seem like the bottom right footswitch should act this way to select a Scene, even if the MLM Combo is enabled.

Man, I spent so much time the other night trying to figure this out before I posted today, but I just figured out the cause of this: the delay in activating Secne 4 from the bottom right switch occurs only when I have the MLM Switch Combo Enabled on the FC12! I noticed that it seemed like this switch seemed to be engaging only when I lift my foot, and that led me to find this cause. But still, it does not seem like the bottom right footswitch should act this way to select a Scene, even if the MLM Combo is enabled.
I disabled MLM because I occasionally would accidentally tap the two buttons when I meant to do only the lower right button to change scenes. It kind of makes sense that it has a slight hold on the one button as it has to be timed to trigger the MLM along with the other switch and it is virtually impossible to do both at precisely the same time.

I believe that behavior exists for every function other than Tap Tempo.

I disabled MLM because I occasionally would accidentally tap the two buttons when I meant to do only the lower right button to change scenes. It kind of makes sense that it has a slight hold on the one button as it has to be timed to trigger the MLM along with the other switch and it is virtually impossible to do both at precisely the same time.

Damn, it took me this long to realize? For a long time I had the MLM combo disabled so I could assign a momentary CS to switch 6, but recently I decided I liked having the secret MLM option. Well, at least I know what's going on now, and I can easily either program around it or just disable the MLM combo again. Thanks Unix and Genghis!

Bug:
I installed beta 6. All my Dyna Caps are gone now. I installed them new - still the same, even in the AxeFx, even after "Refresh ......"

Bug:
I installed beta 6. All my Dyna Caps are gone now. I installed them new - still the same, even in the AxeFx, even after "Refresh ......"
Sounds like maybe you installed the wrong firmware.

Double check to make sure what version you're running.

If you were on the correct firmware and they weren't installed, you'd get a prompt on boot telling you they aren't installed.

MLM Switch Combo Enabled ... bottom right footswitch [activated] when I lift my foot
This is normal and expected. If not for this, then it would be impossible to access the Master Layout Menu without also activating the tap function of the lower right footswitch. In fact, it's one of the reasons there's a setting to disable the foot-rock switch combination.

This is normal and expected. If not for this, then it would be impossible to access the Master Layout Menu without also activating the tap function of the lower right footswitch. In fact, it's one of the reasons there's a setting to disable the foot-rock switch combination.

I had gone so long with the MLM Combo disabled, I totally missed this. Yeah, that makes sense why; I programmed around it as soon as I figured out what was going on; easy enough!

For a while, with the MLM Combo disabled, I had actually programmed one footswitch on every global layout to be dedicated to the MLM, so I may do that again; the big thing is knowing it's not a bug and it's something whose behavior I can now anticipate.

Much appreciated!

Sweet baby jesus; the drip is real
Always Sunny Fx GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Bug?

I have two presets, Parting of The Ways and Infinite (fans of Forbidden, anyone?, @JiveTurkey, @fuzzyoctaves, @My name is mud), and I'm using per preset switches on Layout 6 of my FC12 for them. I have Parting of The Ways in preset slot 7 and Infinite in slot 8. If I use FC Layout 1 to move from preset 7 to preset 8, the switch is gapless, but if I use FC Layout 6 to move from preset 7 to preset 8, preset 8 is only triggered after a delay. In Layout 6 I'm using Switch 1 (bottom left) for this, so my MLM Combo shouldn't make a difference. Is this a situation in which I should reset my FC12, or is this a bug of some sort?

Thanks in advance for looking into this!

PS: I use my neck single-coil with the volume and tone knobs rolled back for Parting of The Ways and I use an IR captured from a third party that I can't share for Infinite, so these presets might sound terrible on your guitar.

Attachments

• Parting of The Ways.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Infinite.syx
Last edited:
I reset my FC12, but it was the same deal, so I tried again, this time, switching presets by using Layout 1, but trying to use a per preset override Layout Link so that selecting preset 8 from Parting of the Ways (in slot 7) should also switch the Layout to Layout 6, but no dice. The preset does switch gaplessly when you do this, but the Layout Link does not work.

I reset my FC12, but it was the same deal, so I tried again, this time, switching presets by using Layout 1, but trying to use a per preset override Layout Link so that selecting preset 8 from Parting of the Ways (in slot 7) should also switch the Layout to Layout 6, but no dice. The preset does switch gaplessly when you do this, but the Layout Link does not work.

Attachments

• Parting of The Ways with Layout Link.syx
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom