Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Release Candidate (Beta #6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So every 6 months golf club companies come out with a new driver...new and improved! 15 yards more distance! Spend another $650 or you are losing out! They don't mention that if you take your model that is 2 years old and already 3 generations old and IMPROVE your swing you can still play golf. It's the indian not the arrow!
There is 313 amps, 77 reverbs and enough cabinets to fill both a Kiss and Van Halen 70's stage with some left in the trucks...not to mention all the other things the AxeFXIII does! Having said all this can we stop wondering and speculating about the AxeFX IV? Name one piece of gear for around $2500 that every time you turn it on you get excited about how it's been re-built AND not being told "thanks for buying this but we just came out with something you have to buy to get 15 more yards of playing ability!"
So the Quad Cortex and Helix are around $1700...I guess poor people have poor ways...

So every 6 months golf club companies come out with a new driver...new and improved! 15 yards more distance! Spend another $650 or you are losing out! They don't mention that if you take your model that is 2 years old and already 3 generations old and IMPROVE your swing you can still play golf. It's the indian not the arrow!
There is 313 amps, 77 reverbs and enough cabinets to fill both a Kiss and Van Halen 70's stage with some left in the trucks...not to mention all the other things the AxeFXIII does! Having said all this can we stop wondering and speculating about the AxeFX IV? Name one piece of gear for around $2500 that every time you turn it on you get excited about how it's been re-built AND not being told "thanks for buying this but we just came out with something you have to buy to get 15 more yards of playing ability!"
So the Quad Cortex and Helix are around $1700...I guess poor people have poor ways...
Agreed. I'd guess that AF2 owners wondered how it could get better, but it has...so we're conditioned to want the next thing. I'm at a place of such excitement around what has happened in the last year with my AF3 and FM9 that I am considering NOT updating firmware, much less not thinking about the next gen hardware. I am that happy with what I have. At the end of the day, the reality is that I know I will update both...but also I will probably buy the AF4 :)

Last edited:
My Fractal-Bot is getting a workout lately ... :D:D. These reverbs are truly great! I spent the better part of an hour with just compressor, FAS Class-A amp, Factory 2 cab #572. I put one reverb block between the amp and cab and the other at the end of the signal chain, then put them both in parallel. Simply so much fun with those combinations and yet still scratching the surface. Great clean/jazz tones with world class reverbs! Truly wonderful!! Thank Cliff and Co.!!

Finally gigged this.

With a loop playing, changing scenes has a gap/glitch in the loop playback. So I’ll be turning it off. Glad it’s an option. That said seamless is AMAZING but I had zero issues with the previous behavior on any of the 3 devices

The Hertz and the Cents display has a bigger, nicer font.
Thanks Fractal for fixing this. It's a small thing because most of us are looking at the needle or strobe when tuning so I hadn't paid attention to this, but now seeing the new view, it's clearly much more readable.

Details like these matter and add that extra bit of polish that makes the product more professional.

Thanks for the awesome work! Gapless switching is a great improvement. I love my Axe-fx III even more now.

Does it also affect how fast Midi messages from Scene Midi block are sent to other gear? Or it is something completely unrelated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom