Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the new spring Reverbs - very tasteful.
Sadly they are all Mono. A long Time ago i had a AKG BX15 Spring Reverb, this could be used in 2Ch/Stereo and maybe its possible to turn e.g. the Studio Spring Type etc. in to a stereo algo, that would be very nice.
Also there is a Stereo Spread Parameter in the Reverb Block (also in the Spring Types) which is useless with a mono source.
So there would be a much greater benefit from a stereo Spring Reverb.
You can make a full stereo reverb in Axfx3 by using 2 Reverb blocks - one set to InputSelect=L and the other to InputSelect=R and hard panned L/R. (not worth it for me since I don't run Reverb very high in the mix and stereo spread parm works great for the odd time I run it at a higher mix level).

Sadly they are all Mono. A long Time ago i had a AKG BX15 Spring Reverb, this could be used in 2Ch/Stereo and maybe its possible to turn e.g. the Studio Spring Type etc. in to a stereo algo, that would be very nice.
Also there is a Stereo Spread Parameter in the Reverb Block (also in the Spring Types) which is useless with a mono source.
You could always use two Reverb blocks in parallel paths around a shunt. Set the Input of one to 'Left' and pan it's output 'Left'. Set the Input of the other to 'Right' and pan it's output 'Right'. Set the Mix on both to 100%. Set the Bypass types on both to 'Mute In'. Adjust the Reverb level with the 'Level' parameters, start at around -10 dB?

Last edited:
They are very CPU intensive. Stereo would use a lot of CPU. If you want stereo use two blocks and put them in parallel. Pan one hard left and the other hard right.

What differences are you noting?
I haven't downloaded the beta yet, so I can't tell you the difference. I just know that this new replacement of the JS410 is supposed to be very different from the model that was previously in the AFX3, and that's one of my favorite amps in the whole unit.

That’s not the point. I’m very happy that they’ve added a new amp to the unit, but I’m upset that they’ve taken away one of my favorite amps in the process. I wish we could just have both amps.
Let’s do this using a scientific/democratic method, record a clip with both versions, and we can see which most people think is better. I don’t see much use in having multiple models of the same amp, especially if one is preferred by most over the other. On top of that, you can probably fuck with the controls to make them sound nearly identical.

Like Dual Rectos for instance, some people swear Rev G is the best, (or Peavey 5150 Block Letter vs newer ones) but I personally don’t want A-F…

Going back to the "Gapless" presets/scenes/channels I have to say this, for me, is the big one. It gives me a sense of freedom now, when I change sounds, and its seamless. Definately allows for extra creative possibilities.
The possibilities with my FC-6 expanded tremendously. Exponentially!

I do wish we could get stereo effects, so maybe 3 amp blocks, 2 mono, 1 stereo with the understanding you can either use 1-2 mono amps OR 1 stereo amp , no 1 mono 1 stereo, either 1 or the other, same for the drive blocks, 4 mono or 2 stereo or 2 mono, 1 stereo, that would be really nice for stereo distortion so I'm not having to copy paste between the 2 blocks, if not, totally understand, love my axe fx 3 and the new dyna cabs.

He must be losing a step...... remember the good ol days when they would be fixed and released in 45 minutes?
@FractalAudio is like the Amazon of proactive updates. user: hmph, I seem to be having an issu...Fractal: It's already been fixed. did you just think of it? Its already done. Like delivery at your door when you were just browsing at the item pondering the purchase!

Stereo Spread controls the "width" of the Reverb output. It has nothing to do with the input source being mono or stereo.

Whoa…the spring reverb emulations are incredible ! Thank you @FractalAudio
I hope it is to be considered for the FM9…between the spring reverbs, amps, IRs and the bias tremolo in the amp block, the fender amp emulations are impressive.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom