Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were no changes to those models.

If you are going to submit a "Possible Bug" please install a previous firmware and verify that your assertion is correct first. I don't have time to investigate "I seem to remember" stuff.

If you are going to submit a "Possible Bug" please install a previous firmware and verify that your assertion is correct first. I don't have time to investigate "I seem to remember" stuff.
will do

User: - Engineer, something wrong with the system.
Engineer: - Something has been fixed.

A switch to trigger crash would be awesome!
Just use a momentary switch, and tap to 'whack' the box to make the familiar sonic outburst....
Or maybe have the actual impact occur on release of the switch, and have the time between pressing and releasing it determine the force of impact?

Just noticed on the preset I posted, if you go from scene 4 to 5 where the cab block does not change channels, it is
virtually seamless.

Any interest in posting an a/b?
I haven’t updated yet so I could….

@Budda wasn't feeling particularly inspired so you get Nancy Sinatra licks over and over again. :D I reamped the same intro lick every time so it's all the same performance. Used the factory Deluxe Verb preset on the Normal scene. I did engage the compressor and I turned the reverb mix up to 20% after resetting the reverb block.

Starts with 22.01 using the Deluxe Spring Reverb algorithm. Then it switches to 23.00b2 and goes through every spring reverb algorithm in alphabetical order.

I'm really digging all the new models. Maybe Tube Spring is my favorite on the Fender amps? British Spring sounds fantastic on my JCM800 preset.

Last edited:
Assuming you mean this part?

I suggested that to @yyz67 above but he said Spring type was not used in those presets.

But I'm wondering how whether maybe those presets have a Spring type on unused channels.

@yyz67 - can you check all channels of the Reverb block in one of those presets?
Yeah I RTRN as saying only spring models are updated/reset: "Existing presets using Spring Reverb types are reset to default values. Audition as necessary."

I checked multiple presets and tried to communicate that clearly (but I failed:sweat:). There are NO SPRING REVERBS in any channels in these reverb block(s), and Loading ANY preset with at least one reverb block becomes EDITED (on my unit anyway). Presets with no reverb block behave as expected.

Note: All from the front panel, no AE connected.

Last edited:
Please post the preset and complete steps on how to reproduce. Without that I'm just guessing.
Seems like all presets of mine are doing it. I hit an A chord and let it ring and switch scenes and it thumps. It was smooth and perfect before where you couldn't notice anything. Thanks for checking.

Attachments

• REVV RED 2 SS.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Seems like all presets of mine are doing it. I hit an A chord and let it ring and switch scenes and it thumps. It was smooth and perfect before where you couldn't notice anything. Thanks for checking.
What is "before"? Which firmware version?

If I have a global block with spring reverbs in it. Is this the best cause of action: open a preset, reset all four channels re-adjust and save?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom