Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just tried the beta2 & had immediate problems w/ reverb locations being out of sync on existing presets.
When I tried to change them back to what was previously there a random reverb was called up instead.
Whatever had been recalled randomly is stuck there.
I just went back to beta1 & everything is working as it had been.
Axe-Edit - Settings - Refresh After New Firmware

Someone was lurking on The Gear Forum?😂

I thought spring reverb was excellent already so I’m excited to hear what better could be.
I lurk here and there. :cool:

This was an algorithm I've been working on on-and-off over the years. I dusted it off a couple weeks ago and took another go at it. I finally had a couple breakthroughs this week and spent the last few days refining the algorithm and the models.

It's a sort of digital waveguide technique. It models the reflections off various points on the spring and the dispersion of the waves as they travel through the spring.

Fractal has no competition. Zero. Those who know know.

Axe-Edit - Settings - Refresh After New Firmware
Thanks for the tip. I remember seeing that tab. I'll reinstall beta2 & try again. :)

I still have my original AxeFx Ultra in my bass rig for a chorus now & then......
I don't want to sell my AxeFx2 because it's still working great w/ a power amp & cabs.
I recently bought myself the AxeFx3 Turbo for my studio so I could take advantage of the cab sims. I never gave them any use w/ my AxeFx 2 because it was hooked up to a real tube amp & cabs.
Now I've been diving into some York Audio IR's & they're fantastic. I've tried Tone Factor & OwnHammer as well. They've all been a noticeable improvement to the factory cabs.
I'm honestly blown away w/ how incredibly awesome this AxeFx3 is. The only issue I've come across is the lack of midi clock........

Possible bug: The unit thinks that every preset that has a reverb block has been edited, so it prompts me to save every time I change from one of those presets (due to my config setting). This is the case even if the reverb block has no spring reverb channels.

It doesn't prompt me changing from presets that have no reverb blocks.

Reactions: BTU
Possible bug: The unit thinks that every preset that has a reverb block has been edited, so it prompts me to save every time I change from one of those presets (due to my config setting). This is the case even if the reverb block has no spring reverb channels.

Mine is doing the same.

Reactions: BTU

Mine was doing the same thing, except it was any preset with a Vol block with a modifier set to FC1 Pedal1. Deleting the block and resetting one
the same as before fixed it.

Do you have spring reverb in them? The OP mentioned that they would be updated...

I found that switching the reverb type and then back to the original and hitting save, stops the save prompt when changing presets.

Do you have spring reverb in them? The OP mentioned that they would be updated...
No. I checked multiple presets that were doing that had no spring reverbs in any channels.

I found that switching the reverb type and then back to the original and hitting save, stops the save prompt when changing presets.
Right but I don't want to have to do that for presets (most of mine) that haven't changed and don't have spring reverbs in them.

No. I checked multiple presets that were doing that had no spring reverbs in any channels.

Right but I don't want to have to do that for presets (most of mine) that haven't changed and don't have spring reverbs in them.
I agree especially since I hate spring reverb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom