Axe-Fx III Firmware 23.00 Public Beta #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used never to be able to get a usable tone out of any of the Splawn models, but last night the Quickrod OD-1 was by far the best hot rodded Plexi tone for my guitar. Maybe it's the triode algorithm. For a long time I didn't like the JVM410H models either, but I'm also loving the OD-1 Orange.

This is with my superstrat with HS setup (JB bridge, Artec Giovanni GCS-LN neck). On the Quickrod, with the neck I'm getting every gorgeous Strat tone I care about rolled back, into almost PAF neck tones when saturated, and the JB becomes versatile, going from JTM45 tones to thrash. Never been happier with my tone.

Since there's a couple of publicly acknowledged bugs in this beta version are we getting another rev on Friday? Just asking so I can plan to make time to test again.

That bad? It´s really superior to the Two Notes stuff for sure. I tried the Suhr and it wasn´t a big difference to the St Rock.
What do you think about Red Seven and Driftwood loadboxes?

After recording 5150 through St Rock I tested the new STL Josh Middleton 5150 and was pretty identical to my real amp.
Bad, no. Its just that your amp its not "seeing" a proper load, something that gets as close as posible to a real speaker.

This thread has me revisiting the Cameron CCV 2C again this week. I used it all the time until Leon got me on the Mark IIC++. I forgot how nice this Cameron is. One of my favorite Marshallesque models. Right in my wheelhouse.
yeah, that cameron model alone is for me worth buying fractal products.
It´s so good that I used it for comparison with all modded marshalesque tube amps.
It always destroys them (Friedmans/Bogners/Ceriatones, etc.)
I remember the emotion when I discovered it inside my ax8....it was truly amazing experience.. I was in our rehearsal space and I said a few times really loudly ....Holy f**k, this is amaziiiiiiiiing :)
edit : try ccv and IIC++ in stereo, hard panned. with IR of your choice.. hi gain heaven /,,/

Last edited:
After spending some time playing with it (but not quite enough yet), I dig the CCV, but it doesn’t replace Joe’s old sound for me. Still very cool, basically what I’d expect a high gain Marshall to sound like.

I rarely turn up the gain on Joe’s amp past 4, so I feel like I’m using it in a lower gain state than some people might be, which might increase my appreciation of it? Who knows. I just like it. The CCV is very bright by comparison, but I like 2B a lot.

yeah, that cameron model alone is for me worth buying fractal products.
It´s so good that I used it for comparison with all modded marshalesque tube amps.
It always destroys them (Friedmans/Bogners/Ceriatones, etc.)
I remember the emotion when I discovered it inside my ax8....it was truly amazing experience.. I was in our rehearsal space and I said a few times really loudly ....Holy f*uck, this is amaziiiiiiiiing :)
edit : try ccv and IIC++ in stereo, hard panned. with IR of your choice.. hi gain heaven /,,/

I did try the CCV models some time ago when you recommended certain settings, but they really had not gelled with my guitar, but with the new algorithm I'm already having all sorts of luck with amps I had previously not used. So I tried one of my current style of presets, to treat a model as if it were a one channel amp, with the CCV 2C, and I was shocked at how good the result was. I found that it has a fantastic range of tones when using the volume and tone knobs on the guitar, with the bright switch on and off. I can finally relate to what you've been saying for a while now!

My latest discovery is the Quickrod OD-1, so I'm doing so head to head (no pun intended) comparisons today to see which gives me more of the tonal range in looking for.

Off topic.... can you add an algo representative of the new Eventide Riptide Vibe Pedal?
That thing sounds amazing in LT's demo video!!! .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom