Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.01 Release

Me, working from home (yep, IT) looking at the AX3 one desk over.

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Between my sister, my wife, my family, my friends... My life is one big support call
My wife alone is enough to accomplish that. She just continually and repeatedly makes a mess of her digital life.

And unfortunately for her, she's Apple, which <fingers in sign of the cross> I know very little about, so I try to help, to some extent, but gee golly gosh, I'm not very good at it, and like, I kinda wish she'd take responsibility for her own stuff herself.

Did I really just say that?

My wife alone is enough to accomplish that. She just continually and repeatedly makes a mess of her digital life.

And unfortunately for her, she's Apple, which <fingers in sign of the cross> I know very little about, so I try to help, to some extent, but gee golly gosh, I'm not very good at it, and like, I kinda wish she'd take responsibility for her own stuff herself.

And in public!!! But we’re only musicians so I’m not sure it counts.

When you are in IT, people think you know everything about all technology. They expect you to help with anything that has a processor
Aiiii... everything that uses electrons. I get where they’re coming from — it’s all foreign weirdness to them, and they need help with it — but they often don’t realize how much they’re asking for,

It’s why these are available...

1695412907785.png

I wonder if shevand my OL are related. My OL is a basket case 24/7/365....

Can’t believe I’m jumping into a round of “My Geek’s Bigger Than Your Geek,” but what the hell...

...Cobol/JCL running on mighty IBM370 mainframes...
The first “real” computer I worked with was an IBM 1620.

...command line only MS-DOS running on PCs with 5.25 floppy drives and RAM measured in "K"...
CP/M and a homebrew multitasker running on an Intel 4004. 8” floppies (back when they actually were floppy) and punch tape.

...eager trips to ComputerLand to get my monthly Byte magazine (wish I'd kept some of those).
No you don’t. Seriously. I hung onto way too many magazines for way too long.

Okay, I’m done. Now to strut around for a bit until someone tops me. :p

Can’t believe I’m jumping into a round of “My Geek’s Bigger Than Your Geek,” but what the hell...

The first “real” computer I worked with was an IBM 1620.

CP/M and a homebrew multitasker running on an Intel 4004.

No you don’t. Seriously. I hung onto way too many magazines for way too long.

Okay, I’m done. Now to strut around for a bit until someone tops me. :p
1620! o boy - you have the crown sir: 🤓:crown::crown::crown:🤓

I have fond memories of being a "wiz kid" in my youth - now, after I look for a setting for 10 minutes on my iPhone, that "I know is in there somewhere", my grandkid grabs the phone from my hand and finds the setting in 3 seconds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom