Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.01 Release

I have many musician friends that can barely work a computer! I have converted a couple of them to using fractal, audio products, and instead of going to me for every little thing, I ask them to get Cooper Carter’s tutorial

How much are they asking you? Seems a bit mean.

I don’t think it’s mean at all. It’s one thing to give a little help and answer a few questions. But it’s easy to get bombarded with requests for help. I’ve had friends ask me questions relentlessly, to the point that it’s clear they won’t put any effort into working it out for themselves, as long as they have you there to do it for them. Then you realize that what you’re really doing is giving them tutorials on every aspect of the gear, and that you don’t have the 50-plus hours of time that they’re demanding of you. When they start doing that, it’s okay to point them to a course that gives them what they need.

Just answering questions and giving help here on the forum is a significant time investment. That’s why we urge people to RTFM. Otherwise , we spend half our time typing in info from the manual, which the person we’re helping will still have to read.

Between my sister, my wife, my family, my friends... My life is one big support call
I don’t think it’s mean at all. It’s one thing to give a little help and answer a few questions. But it’s easy to get bombarded with requests for help. I’ve had friends ask me questions relentlessly, to the point that it’s clear they won’t put any effort into working it out for themselves, as long as they have you there to do it for them. Then you realize that what you’re really doing is giving them tutorials on every aspect of the gear, and that you don’t have the 50-plus hours of time that they’re demanding of you. When they start doing that, it’s okay to point them to a course that gives them what they need.

Just answering questions and giving help here on the forum is a significant time investment. That’s why we urge people to RTFM. Otherwise , we spend half our time typing in info from the manual, which the person we’re helping will still have to read.

Plenty! And yes, I have told them to read the fantastic manual as well, and to read here on the forum. Mostly, I set them up with some clean, dirty, EoB and lead tones they like, and they can go from there. I still help them, but they aren’t asking for that much anymore - they are happy with their tones.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom