Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.01 Release

I’ve never played the green channel of a Generator. It seems really flubby to me. Input EQ is flat. Raising the low cut helps considerably. Is it intentionally flat?

That might be by design. This is blatant conjecture on my part, taking a guess at what the Revv designers might have been thinking.

In a 3 or 4 channel amp with some very tight flexible channels in the Purple and Red modes they may have wanted a looser mid-gain channel. Typically the more gain you have the less input bass you want (that's why Mesa Mark series, which have their 3-band before the gain tend to cut bass on high gain lead channel settings, or boot pedals have fixed EQs that reduce bass). But the opposite also works, the less gain you have the more input bass you can have to fill out the sound.

On a high gain channel there will usually be a fixed bass cut on the input of the amp which fratcal exposes as an input EQ, but in the mid-gain range the final sound might be too thin if you cut the same amount. And it might affect the sounds of pedals going into the amp if every pedal is having it's bass cut by an input EQ. So for a mid-gain pedal platform channel a flat input EQ might be just the thing. If someone wants to turn it into a higher gain or tighter channel they can always put an EQ or a boost pedal in front to get the input EQ they want. Or on the Axe FX they can adjust the input EQ as you identified too.

hi!
I Just have downloaded the firmware, but... The "green" isnt a clean channel? That's a crunch? There is no clean channel in this amp? Thanks

Honest question: Is there something unique about the Revv's Blue Channel that we don't already have in the AxeFX? Or is it desired just for completeness?

Honest question: Is there something unique about the Revv's Blue Channel that we don't already have in the AxeFX? Or is it desired just for completeness?
It’s just a really clean channel almost like a tube version of a Jazz Chorus with a bit of chime
In fact I think Dan said in interviews he set the gain and broke the knob off on the proto and the amp does not have a gain knob

Honest answer : I love doing presets by amps, having the clean channel of the amp and the dist channel of the same amp. It look like a collection of amps in your box and that’s fucking cool. I love to have a ac30 preset (or whatever) having the whole amp in each channels by scenes. That’s what a amp simulator is about.
Sure you can build your own tone with what you have in the unit, that’s what I do for my songs, but I love running amps by presets .

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom