Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Release

It could fall under “various other fixes and improvements” OR you could have a different SIC curve, may be getting auto set.
Same SIC curve.

One of the things I've always liked about the Axe III is that it didn't feel compressed, and actually felt like it had some "push back" like the real amp (I came from Kemper where every amp is over-compressed). This FW feels almost like there's a marshmallow between the guitar and amp, like the attack is indistinct.

OK, spent 20 more minutes playing with mic placement and now I have a superior sounds vs my favorite IR. Definitely notice a little more clarity in the low mids as well. Stunned.

Same SIC curve.

One of the things I've always liked about the Axe III is that it didn't feel compressed, and actually felt like it had some "push back" like the real amp (I came from Kemper where every amp is over-compressed). This FW feels almost like there's a marshmallow between the guitar and amp, like the attack is indistinct.
There were no changes to the amp modeling.

Could it possibly be that I'm running two cab blocks (one for Left, one for Right) with 4 different cabs (Chiefman, AC20, 1960TV, Friedman V30)?

When I turn Speaker thump up to like '5' it gets really compressed.
It might be the blend of those cabs that you don't like. Some of those speakers will break up and compress earlier than others.

It might be the blend of those cabs that you don't like. Some of those speakers will break up and compress earlier than others.
Hmmm... could be. And, correction, it's a /13 cab, not the AC20 cab. I'm trying to recreate the mismatched speaker effect of the Matchless DC30 cab with the G12h and G12m speakers (I may be going overboard).

Screen Shot 2023-06-16 at 3.49.09 PM.png

You are on the right track with the Div13, but the other three aren't really the thing. I guess the Chiefman is as close as we have to a G12H30. Try turning the PEQ, the multiband comp, and the 4x12 cabs off for a minute and see what that sounds like.

You are on the right track with the Div13, but the other three aren't really the thing. I guess the Chiefman is as close as we have to a G12H30. Try turning the PEQ, the multiband comp, and the 4x12 cabs off for a minute and see what that sounds like.
Good counsel, I'll try that. Yeah, when I realized there was no G12H30 option I started combining similar speakers to try and get there. I may be muddying the waters a bit with the V30 and 1960TV.

Good counsel, I'll try that. Yeah, when I realized there was no G12H30 option I started combining similar speakers to try and get there. I may be muddying the waters a bit with the V30 and 1960TV.
I've found that using the 1960TV with the Rumble EV12L ,both with dynamic mic 2, I can get close to the sound of a G12H30.

Hmmm... could be. And, correction, it's a /13 cab, not the AC20 cab. I'm trying to recreate the mismatched speaker effect of the Matchless DC30 cab with the G12h and G12m speakers (I may be going overboard).

View attachment 122248
Since the Multiband Comp is after your cabs, it is very likely compressing differently because of the different EQ balance hitting it. Just something to look at.

Hi there, sorry for my question but, i followed all the stpes to install manually the dyna cabs but, after light green the icon "Begin", nothing happen...i try to click but it doesn't start the upload the dyna cabs file..why? where i make mistake? Thanks all!

Attachments

• dyna_cabs.jpg
    dyna_cabs.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 17
is there a reported bug in Axe Edit (yes using latest version), where you can't select the actual Dyna Cab? I can use when using the actual hardware no problem but when I use Aex Edit and go to select the (Dyna) cab model, I just get a thin grey selection window with no actual drop down (using Mac OS Big Sur)...

just figured this out using search and Axe Edit "refresh" (Settings >>> Refresh after new Firmware). I don't get why when you close Axe Edit, turn off the machine and then restart, it doest refresh on next start up... oh well I get it now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom