Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do we need a work-around for? I'm not even sure what people are complaining about because no matter what some people just feel the need to complain.

Some people on this forum just suck all the joy out of this job. I've spent months on this and it works and sounds awesome but some people still have to complain.

It's natural to concentrate on the negatives, they stick out the most in your mind. It's also precisely the mechanism that gets talented people to produce their best work. You see what's wrong with something and you knuckle down until it's solved to the point of not bothering you anymore. :) Concentrating on people's negativity more than the people screaming praise is a consequence of this way of thinking, unfortunately.

Don't sweat these people. Not everybody is going to be happy, but so what? So many more people are thrilled. I am for sure. DynaCab is incredible.

What do we need a work-around for? I'm not even sure what people are complaining about because no matter what some people just feel the need to complain.

Some people on this forum just suck all the joy out of this job. I've spent months on this and it works and sounds awesome but some people still have to complain.
I haven't followed the thread closely, so I have no idea what anyone could complain about. Everything about this new feature is an addition...and a very good one. I said it at the beginning of the thread, and I'll say it again. Thank you.

Dumped 99% of my payware IR's that should say something - you ROCK Cliff - your hard work is much appreciated by the masses :)
Same here. Got the entire OwnHammer catalogue but I just want play - and I'm playing - with Dyna Cabs right now. OwnHammer rocks, but Dyna Cabs are just stellar sounding. Especially with the settings I posted earlier in this thread, the Mark IV is a godsend.

Much could come across as complaining, and there's been asking and speculating and so on and on.....but many of us are just so excited by this feature you can't stop speculating, discussing and asking stuff. Some users ask to calm down, but we got the full right to think and speculate, that's part of what a forum is about; discussing, sharing, speculating and getting excited. Much of the joy about this forum would be gone without that.

I can't speak for others but I really hope I haven't came across as complaining or criticizing with my questions, speculations or ideas. I'm just in love with this feature and want as much of it because it's stellar - that's why I care asking and share my thoughts about it. Otherwise I wouldn't.

Last edited:

Man, it feels awful to read this. My wife does this with our business: she gets people fawning over her designs and collecting her work, but all it takes is one person to act like a dick, and that's the only thing in her mind.

Please know the extent to which your work is greatly respected. This forum might have a large number of topics, but everyone is primarily here for your work. Even unscrupulous competitors obviously view you as a formidable adversary: their actions speak to how much they fear the depth of your understanding and designs, and how obvious it shines light on their shortcomings.

The Dyna Cabs are truly incredible, and they make it the fastest possible to create your ideal tone. I've only been able to play guitar a little since the public release, and I'm blown away at how well they work and how quickly I dialed in tones; this feature is worlds ahead. And the SM57 sounds fantastic as is; whichever mic you release in the end, I always feel it's your company, and you have great ears, so you should forget what people do and just follow whatever your instinct is; your instinct is why we're all here.

Not only did you create incredible sounding IRs covering an insanely wide gamut, with a movable mic (!), but you did it staying true to what your ears have always told you sound best, keeping phase alignment, so you made this happen automatically as you go along, creating yet another unique, and superior, algorithm in the process! Still you went further than anyone else: allowing precise visual changes of alignment, but with movable mics! I was sure there would be no alignment page when this feature was released to the public, but there it is! On top of that, you linked the amp block to the cab block for impedance curves, which is like goddamn magic; but you went further, allowing us the ability to break that link if we want to create frequency responses you can't even get in the real world! Again, combining the utmost of accuracy with the utmost of flexibility, and creativity. This is revolutionary. Nothing out there can do what the Fractal products can do, and this is why so many people view your work like a singularity in audio.

In this thread the conversation runs the gammut, but I hope you understand the level of respect that exists in this community for your work. I see in every time I visit this site, and I feel it every time I plug in. Because of the level of nuance and subtlety you've poured into your research and development, I, as a musician, can forget about ever needing any other gear again, and I regularly create in reality the tones I have in my head; it is no less than the ideal we all strive for.

There are engineers out there who've made the audio world something that is worth dedicating one's life to, people like Rupert Neve, and people who've shown the heights of what can be done with those tools, like Bruce Swedien. For our world, the world of guitar, the foundational sound of so many entire genres of music, that person is Cliff Chase.

Don't sweat it, Cliff. People still wanted horses after the Ford Model A was selling like hotcakes. Innovate and be encouraged!

I've been on board just over 2 years and I still get a kick every time I power up. I have no amp lust now whatsoever. Dynacab has ironed the wrinkle out of modelling that was IRs (for me). Early on I realised I had to chose the appropriate cab and on default amp settings select the mic variant I liked most e.g. 57a, or b or etc... and stick with it. Then I could dial in the tone and blend in, say, a ribbon to taste. Tweaking an amp and then changing IRs just confuses everything. Now I can tweak amp and mic placement incrementally in unison. It's the final piece of the puzzle.

Also, I hope you got some quality R+R
Siagon.jpg

I'm very upset. You should be able to compress all the cabs, mics, amps, cables, stompobox, effect and studios ever appear on Earth in the axefx! Even your lower competitors do such a better job! :sweatsmile:
:sweatsmile: :sweatsmile: :grin::grin::grin:
Cliff, keep on rocking! Take any complain as wish/suggestion, do not read any personal grudge behind or toward you or your product (that are milestones IMHO). Dynacabs are a huge step in authenticity!

Complaining is easy. Even suggesting is easy. Designing and implementing are difficult.

I can easily say "Add Dyna-Cab user slots", or "Add the ability to add a single specific cab/mic/position/distance capture to a standard user slot", or any one of a hundred other layman suggestions while knowing nothing of the technical or support challenges involved. I'll choose instead to enjoy the tool and watch it develop under Cliff's expert vision.

What I can't easily say is that I want one IR instead of another, when I haven't even heard them.

Don't worry about some of the complaints, there are always going to be some. There are far more folks here, the majority, who are super excited, appreciative and standing on our toes, can't wait for this to finalize and drop.

Keep up the awesome work, friend, the future is bright :)

Talking Over It GIF by Top Rank Boxing

Knock Out Celebration GIF

So I have tested the "alternative dynacab beta firmware" one hour ago, with the SM7B, and I vote for this one better than the 57 without a single doubt !
here I have picked up one of my go-to preset and changed the cab for the dynacab, with one cab with the sm7b and the condenser in another cab
(that's just an impro)

edit : ha ! I use shiver clean, and 5153 without and with a boost, emg "bonebreakers" pickups

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom