Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thank you for that. I like that you've consolidated/simplified the three mic types by their type/architecture and a single variant of each.
We actually used six mics during the captures, two of each type. I picked one from each type that I thought sounded best. The dynamic is an SM57 (naturally). I actually prefer the SM7 captures we made but given how iconic the 57 is on guitar cabs I went with that instead.

Turning knobs for maybe 50 seconds and I already have a better sounding cab than the IRs that took me years of searching for.

Speaker drive, thump, compression seem to work even better now probably because the Imp. Curve is an exact match.

I love that you kept it simple with just dynamic/condenser/ribbon. No more useless auditioning deciding whether I should use a 57, 421 or a 906... Or maybe a SM7 (or a 58 my brain says).

Thank you Fractal and Cliff, now go enjoy your well deserved vacation. I don't wanna see you on these forums for at least a few days! 😜

Excited Ultimate Warrior GIF by WWE

Many things contribute: number of windings, magnet strength, distance from strings, string type and gauge, pick thickness, how hard you pick, etc.

Nothing has changed in the input processing. The clip indicator trips when the input is within 0.5 dB of full-scale. If if trips you should turn down the sensitivity.
i really like this! thank you! very helpful…

I found it's worth exploring each cab to find the sweet spot. Some of the cabs I like the mic near the edge whereas others I like it closer to the cap.
First off the bat with this was the 1x10 Princetone. Was typically mixing a 57 and a 160 or 121 in the old setup. Just the "Ribbon" and playing with the location gets me where i want to be all by itself. 9cm or so back, and a little bit off the cap. Blammo. Done.

That said, weirdness due to beta, perhaps, or maybe due to having not played with this preset in a LONG time (been focusing on the FM9 for a while), External controllers are not working 100%. I have externals 1-10 set to CC #21-30 respectively, and only #23 is working (which is what I use for my wah). The unit detects CC #21 for the tuner on heel down, but does not translate that to External #1 to run my main volume on the VolPan block that's set up for that. External #4 (CC #24) is also not responding. Have tried setting the External off and back onto the CC# it should be listening to, with no luck. I'm sure it will work itself out in the wash by the time it's released.

EDIT: It's the 'old preset' thing. Quite a few of my FX3-only presets were my old FX3 presets from before the FM9 that were ported to FM9, made to fit within its CPU capabilities, then ported back, and have the occasional issue with the Source1 scale resetting itself to 0% in that process.

EDIT 2: The HRM with the AC20 1x12" sounds great also, with the condensor, position around 5, and the distance a bit closer at 2.11cm. Cliff wasn't fooling about find each cab's sweet spot....

The mic position thing is a home run grand slam!

Last edited:
Assuming you cant see anything in axe edit - not a front panel user is that where it is ? not seeing anything different - thanks

Dyna-Cabs
1 1x10 BF PRINCETONE
2 1x10 METRO BLUES
3 1x10 SF PRINCETONE
4 1x12 AC20
5 1x12 DELUXE VERB
6 1x12 DIV13 CJ11
7 1x12 HOT KITTY
8 1x12 TWEED 20112
9 1x12 VIBRATO LUX
10 1x15 VIBRATOVERB
11 2x10 SUPER 6G4
12 2x12 65 BASSGUY
13 2x12 DOUBLE VERB
14 2x12 TEXAS STAR
15 4x12 1960TV
16 4x12 5153
17 4x12 CITRUS
18 4x12 FRIEDMAN GB
19 4x12 FRIEDMAN V30
20 4x12 RECTO SLANT
21 4x12 RECTO STRAIGHT
22 4x12 RUMBLE EV12L
23 4x12 RUMBLE EV12S
24 4x12 SOLO 100
25 4x12 USA MC90

@FractalAudio

Are the Recto cabs the Standard Oversized or Traditional?

Converted my Vox preset to from single slot 3rd pty IR Vox 212 to single slot Dynacab - AC20 112 w Ribbon @ Dist=1.00. Very nice - love that Ribbon mic whatever it is. Very easy to dial these in @ FP. Brought input sensitivity down by 5% for my strongest guitar (tickles red the same as before, but apparently was clipping on very hard strums - good to have the new clip indicator). No issues.

Last edited:
Amazing. I was quickly able to roll my own IR that has all the things I like about a specific purchased IR and tweak it a little more toward my liking. Question? Will we be able to export these to the FM3/FM9 if for some reason the technology doesn't make it to those devices? Maybe getting ahead of myself but can't help but see the potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom