Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta (Beta 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there are a dyna-cab with G12H30 in this update?
Haven't got around to update yet. And post are rolling as i type, so maybe it's been asked and answered already.

For those finding they must now reduce their input sensitivity for the first time, there is more nuanced discussion of the new clip warning here. With this beta, there is something wrong: either the original guidance that tickling the red indicates you still have 6dB to go is wrong, or the new input clip pop up is flashing too early.

Does anyone know if there are a dyna-cab with G12H30 in this update?
Haven't got around to update yet. And post are rolling as i type, so maybe it's been asked and answered already.
This is the info from the wiki:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cabinet_models_list#Dyna-Cab_IRs
  1. 1x10 BF Princetone: 1966 Blackface AA964 Fender Princeton Reverb combo with a single 10" speaker.
  2. 1x10 Metro Blues: unknown, added in firmware 22 for the Axe-Fx III.
  3. 1x10 SF Princetone: late 1960s Silverface AA964 Fender Princeton combo with a single 10" speaker.
  4. 1x12 AC20: Morgan AC20 Deluxe combo with a single 12" Alnico Gold or G12H.
  5. 1x12 Deluxe Verb: 1965 Blackface AB763 Fender Deluxe Reverb combo with a single 12" speaker.
  6. DIV13CJ11
  7. 1x12 Hot Kitty: Bad-Cat Hot Cat with a single 12" speaker.
  8. TWEED20112: unknown
  9. 1x12 Vibrato Lux: Fender Vibrolux combo with a single 12" speaker.
  10. 1x15 Vibrato Verb: Fender Vibroverb combo with a single 15" speaker.
  11. 2x10 Super 6G4: Brownface Fender Super combo with two 10" speakers.
  12. 2x12 65 Bassguy: '65 Fender Bassman cabinet with two 12" speakers.
  13. 2x12 Double Verb: Blackface Fender Twin Reverb with two 12" speakers.
  14. 2x12 Texas Star: Mesa Lone Star combo or cabinet with two 12" speakers, probably C90s.
  15. 4x12 1960 TV: Marshall tall vertical angled cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  16. 4x12 5153: EVH 5150-III cabinet with four 12" G12-EVH speakers.
  17. 4x12 Citrus: Orange cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  18. 4x12 Friedman GB: Friedman cabinet with two 12" greenbacks and two 12" V30.
  19. 4x12 Friedman V30: Friedman cabinet with two 12" greenbacks and two 12" V30.
  20. 4x12 Recto Slant: Mesa Slant Rectifier cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  21. 4x12 Recto Straight: Mesa Straight Rectifier cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  22. 4x12 Rumble EV12L: Dumble cabinet with two EV-12L speakers and two EV-12S speakers in a X-pattern.
  23. 4x12 Rumble EV12S: Dumble cabinet with two EV-12L speakers and two EV-12S speakers in a X-pattern.
  24. 4x12 Solo 100: Soldano cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  25. 4x12 USA MC90: Mesa cabinet with four 12" C90 speakers.

This beta answers the question opened in earlier threads about the possibility of linking amp block settings automatically to cab block settings, and that is awesome! I wonder if it would be possible then to link the Speaker Thump setting to the DynaCab when it's automatic Speaker Impedance Curve is active?

For those finding they must now reduce their input sensitivity for the first time, there is more nuanced discussion of the new clip warning here. With this beta, there is something wrong: either the original guidance that tickling the red indicates you still have 6dB to go is wrong, or the new input clip pop up is flashing too early.

I think it's a bit bold to say something's wrong and nothing in that thread indicates there is. It could just be people who thought they were tickling the red were using up the 6dB of headroom on hard transients. In fact I'd be willing to bet on it. "Tickling" is open to interpretation.

Just had a play with some classic strat tonez. It was really easy to just wiggle the mic and find a sound that I have been aiming for the whole time. Best part is that it’s tactile and you can feel your way, almost like another instrument. I kinda feel like this has “solved” the IR question for me. This is a big deal.

This is the info from the wiki:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cabinet_models_list#Dyna-Cab_IRs
  1. 1x10 BF Princetone: 1966 Blackface AA964 Fender Princeton Reverb combo with a single 10" speaker.
  2. 1x10 Metro Blues: unknown, added in firmware 22 for the Axe-Fx III.
  3. 1x10 SF Princetone: late 1960s Silverface AA964 Fender Princeton combo with a single 10" speaker.
  4. 1x12 AC20: Morgan AC20 Deluxe combo with a single 12" Alnico Gold or G12H.
  5. 1x12 Deluxe Verb: 1965 Blackface AB763 Fender Deluxe Reverb combo with a single 12" speaker.
  6. DIV13CJ11
  7. 1x12 Hot Kitty: Bad-Cat Hot Cat with a single 12" speaker.
  8. TWEED20112: unknown
  9. 1x12 Vibrato Lux: Fender Vibrolux combo with a single 12" speaker.
  10. 1x15 Vibrato Verb: Fender Vibroverb combo with a single 15" speaker.
  11. 2x10 Super 6G4: Brownface Fender Super combo with two 10" speakers.
  12. 2x12 65 Bassguy: '65 Fender Bassman cabinet with two 12" speakers.
  13. 2x12 Double Verb: Blackface Fender Twin Reverb with two 12" speakers.
  14. 2x12 Texas Star: Mesa Lone Star combo or cabinet with two 12" speakers, probably C90s.
  15. 4x12 1960 TV: Marshall tall vertical angled cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  16. 4x12 5153: EVH 5150-III cabinet with four 12" G12-EVH speakers.
  17. 4x12 Citrus: Orange cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  18. 4x12 Friedman GB: Friedman cabinet with two 12" greenbacks and two 12" V30.
  19. 4x12 Friedman V30: Friedman cabinet with two 12" greenbacks and two 12" V30.
  20. 4x12 Recto Slant: Mesa Slant Rectifier cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  21. 4x12 Recto Straight: Mesa Straight Rectifier cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  22. 4x12 Rumble EV12L: Dumble cabinet with two EV-12L speakers and two EV-12S speakers in a X-pattern.
  23. 4x12 Rumble EV12S: Dumble cabinet with two EV-12L speakers and two EV-12S speakers in a X-pattern.
  24. 4x12 Solo 100: Soldano cabinet with four 12" speakers.
  25. 4x12 USA MC90: Mesa cabinet with four 12" C90 speakers.
Thanks.. #16 is probably closest maybe, although those EVH are trying to be the old 20W gb? Never tried this cab.
Found it: Celestion® G12 EVH 20W speakers.

I really like the Marshall Handwired cabs with the 30 w speakers (G12H30), but i will likely find a great spund anyhow.

I am not digging the dynamic mics so far. The condensers are great. I have not tried a lot of cabs yet, but the dynamic mics seem really thin with too much high end. I usually go for the 57s when I choose IRs so this is kind of surprising. I still have some exploring to do, so I may change my opinion at some point.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit bold to say something's wrong and nothing in that thread indicates there is. It could just be people who thought they were tickling the red were using up the 6dB of headroom on hard transients. In fact I'd be willing to bet on it. "Tickling" is open to interpretation.

No beef here, just a potential bug. Sure, I could be wrong, but this is something a lot of users are experiencing and posting about. I remember that the last time I set up Input Sensitivity for my Saturday Night Specials, set pretty low on my pickguard, they were at around 70-80% to tickle the red. The new input clip warning came up for me at under 50%. Initially I had forgotten where I used to set it, but it was nagging at me, especially after reading more and more users on here reporting a similar change.

Last edited:
I am not digging the dynamic mics so far. The condensers are great. I have not tried a lot of cabs yet, but the dynamic mics seem really thin with too much high end. I usually go for the 57s when I choose IRs so this is kind of surprising. I still have some exploring to do, so I may change my opinion at some point.
Did you try high cut in the cab block and reduce from 20k? Once I did that then the high end went away

A 57 alone is always like that, I cannot play with it alone too (and personnally dislike 57 irs alone) . Thats why you need to mix it with others mics . Alone I prefer the sennheiser 906 for example ... I have spend too much time micing my god ... I have done profiles for 4 years with 10 heads and 10+ mics, I was going crazy. I feel so much more relaxed with the axe now :)

A 57 alone is always like that, I cannot play with it alone too (and personnally dislike 57 irs alone) . Thats why you need to mix it with others mics . Alone I prefer the sennheiser 906 for example ... I have spend too much time micing my god ... I have done profiles for 4 years with 10 heads and 10+ mics, I was going crazy. I feel so much more relaxed with the axe now :)
I have used IRs shot with 57s before (OH and York) with success. This is how I have always mic'd my amp live prior to going the modeler route. Anyways, I watched a video that Leon Todd just put out where he mixed both dynamic and ribbon mics. I will give that a try.

I have used IRs shot with 57s before (OH and York) with success. This is how I have always mic'd my amp live prior to going the modeler route. Anyways, I watched a video that Leon Todd just put out where he mixed both dynamic and ribbon mics. I will give that a try.
didnt see the video but it make sense yep, 57 are for the highs and the ribbon and others for the basses

Odd man out no idea why - they sound thin and squealy sounding - hope I can sort it out does not sound good - I am using headphones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom