Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #6 (Beta 12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try reinstalling the cabinets?
The first day I tried the dynacab and tried cabs after cabs, when I tried the mc90, I was like « what’s going on there? » like a amp in the room tone, something different from the rest .
Also when I talked about the soldano it was a different problem, the capture is « normal » in the soldano but quite impossible to find a « good tone » with it because of his weird EQ

The first day I tried the dynacab and tried ca s after cab, when I tried the mc90, I was like « what’s going on there? » like a amp in the room tone, something different from the rest .
Also when I talked about the soldano it was a different problem, the capture is « normal » in the soldano but quite impossible to find a « good tone » with it because of his weird EQ
I'll check it later tonight. Can't say I've touched that cabinet yet. I'll compare it with some legacy mode IRs.

Question of the day :
What make the soldano 4x12 sounding so weird everytime ? Is there something so special with their cabs or ? That’s super hard to find a non nasal tone whatever dynacab or irs .

I wonder if it just doesn't gel with your guitar. It's completely awesome with my guitar here, through any of the modern metal amp models. The SLO DynaCab is my favorite for modern metal tones.

I think the USA MC90 sounds weird too. Like the mic is down a hallway. I'm sure that's how they sound though

I am finding that the MC90 sounds harsh with my guitar. I believe this was Cliff's gigging cab for years, so I'm sure he's captured cab accurately; he'd hear it if it were wrong.

I guess that some cab / mic combinations just won't work well with a particular guitar with DynaCabs, unless you carefully EQ the input signal, the same as with a traditional IR.

modern metal tones
Ha maybe that’s it. 😁
No that’s not the guitar (and I don’t own one but twelve(?) guitars and switch them everytime) … A IR you like still sound good with whatever guitar you use … that’s rare that I cannot found a single mic position that goes with a 4x12 without having these nasal mids everywhere. Except the “if you don’t like it don’t use it” answer I will have, I m curious to know what is different with this cab .

For the Mc, it is obvious for what I remember, like the mic sound always too far even if you put it the most closest possible .

Better than words, here is an example of what we said yesterday about the C90 .
as ever, guitar is sampled, same settings blablabla .
with This mic position,normally, you have all the treble and harshness in your face, like it happen with the mesa cab, and with the C90 ... not a rear mic but close:sweat: ... hm .

I just encountered something unexpected during the update process: while sending a file via fractal bot, the physical out1 volume knob no longer has any effect. I listened to some of the clips in this thread while updating and wanted to adjust the volume but no dice - e.g. still got the same output level with it turned all the way down. I noticed this when sending the FW file and confirmed it also happens when sending the dynacabs after the reboot. I'm on a Mk1 and updated from a previous 22.0 beta if that matters (not sure which exactly, either 09 or the initial public beta).

I assume this might be another instance thread starvation, as in the update thread starving the thread responsible for applying the output volume. Not sure if this is a regression but I never noticed it before and I'm using the Axe as the only audio interface on my main PC so I'm usually updating while some other audio is playing (this often caused minor audio artifacts, which didn't happen this time). Not a dealbreaker in any case but if it's fixable it would be a nice improvement.

I just encountered something unexpected during the update process: while sending a file via fractal bot, the physical out1 volume knob no longer has any effect. I listened to some of the clips in this thread while updating and wanted to adjust the volume but no dice - e.g. still got the same output level with it turned all the way down. I noticed this when sending the FW file and confirmed it also happens when sending the dynacabs after the reboot. I'm on a Mk1 and updated from a previous 22.0 beta if that matters (not sure which exactly, either 09 or the initial public beta).

I assume this might be another instance thread starvation, as in the update thread starving the thread responsible for applying the output volume. Not sure if this is a regression but I never noticed it before and I'm using the Axe as the only audio interface on my main PC so I'm usually updating while some other audio is playing (this often caused minor audio artifacts, which didn't happen this time). Not a dealbreaker in any case but if it's fixable it would be a nice improvement.
I always logically assumed that Axfx usage expectations do not apply during an update (as is typical with many systems during major fw/sw updates).

Last edited:

Don't do that.

Don't do that.
I was expecting a similar reply which is why I didn't call it a bug, and as I said it's not a dealbreaker if I know I need to work around it. But "don't do that" is not that easy - for example, the PC may produce various notification sounds without me doing anything (I think even Fractal Bot produces a "ping" when file transfer finishes) and if my volume is too high and I can't turn those down this might be an issue. I could turn off all other programs (or my speakers) while updating I guess, but that's at the very least not expected.

Not complaining in any case, I love this box so much that I have two of them and an FM3. But as we're asymptotically approaching modelling perfection, I hope in some future (FW or HW) revision there will be a pass over the Axe<->PC interactions to smoothe out some rough edges like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom