Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #3 (Beta 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
32-bit floating-point audio has a dynamic range of 1,528 dB. You can never have too much.
Certainly.

The difference between min (anechoic chamber ~ -10 dB) and max SPL (nuclear explosion ~ +280 dB) is about 300 dB. 1528 dB would be 5 of those ranges stacked on top of each other or [SPL(nuke) - SPL(anechoic)]^5.

Not enough!

Last edited:
Certainly.

The difference between min (anechoic chamber ~ -10 dB) and max SPL (nuclear explosion ~ +280 dB) is about 300 dB. 1528 dB would be 5 of those ranges stacked on top of each other or [SPL(nuke) - SPE(anechoic)]^5.

Not enough!
Ah, but I said that you can never have too much, not that you can never have enough. :)

I kinda hope that the 'Dyna-Cab' ecosystem removes 10000000000 choices from the tone chasing process.

I'm excited that there will be 20 cabs and a few mics to pic from, and that skilled guys will share their approach on those limited choices.

I'm sick of picking through 1200 (fantastic) IRs.

I kinda hope that the 'Dyna-Cab' ecosystem removes 10000000000 choices from the tone chasing process.

I'm excited that there will be 20 cabs and a few mics to pic from, and that skilled guys will share their approach on those limited choices.

I'm sick of picking through 1200 (fantastic) IRs.

100% agree, having used dynacab, I don't think I could ever go back to painfully scrolling though hundreds of cabs, that are usually in some weird order because of the file names, getting ear fatigue and giving up because I get lost. Blending between cabs, mics and positions and getting a great sound is just ridiculously quick and easy now. As I said before, total game changer and a brilliant feature.

I typically run one amp block panned hard left and one amp block panned hard right with the same settings to avoid summing to mono in most of my presets. I typically use one cab block, running the new dyna-cabs, with input set to stereo and using the same cab across all four slots. I set the left and right slots hard panned left and right with the same settings, usually a dynamic 2 and ribbon on each side. I have noticed, on occasion, some big level differences between the left and right channel here and there and found it to be the "Auto Dyna-Cab Imp." setting in the amp blocks. When I come across this issue, and it is not due to a differing setting, I found a process that seems to resolve it. On each amp block ... turn off the "Auto Dyna-Cab Imp." setting, select a different SIC, select the "proper" one, then turn on the "Auto Dyna-Cab Imp." setting. I thought I was going crazy, so just thought I would share in case it could help someone else.

Last edited:
Thus spake Douglas Adams: "The Hitch Hiker’s Guide to the Galaxy notes that Disaster Area, a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the Galaxy, but in fact the loudest noise of any kind at all. Regular concert-goers judge that the best sound balance is usually to be heard from within large concrete bunkers some thirty-seven miles from the stage, whilst the musicians themselves play their instruments by remote control from within a heavily insulated spaceship which stays in orbit around the planet – or more frequently around a completely different planet."

Clearly they have 42-bit floating point DACs.

three-amigos.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom