Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #3 (Beta 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry your forum experience was not satisfactory ;)
That's hilarious. My point is that you go through 20 pages of info where other folks are also wanting to try out the beta firmware, but have to piece together that you need to get the Axe Edit Beta software off of another thread, not off of the official website.
It would be so much easier to just link everything from one spot. It would resolve alot of questions to have that info, along with the refresh and reboot reminders in a step by step instruction set. I mean, why not? My forum experience has been satisfactory. Fractal products are great. I brag them up every chance I get. There are some helpful people here.
but you're always going to have your clicky people who would rather try to belittle you than help you with meaningful information. And that's too bad.

That's hilarious. My point is that you go through 20 pages of info where other folks are also wanting to try out the beta firmware, but have to piece together that you need to get the Axe Edit Beta software off of another thread, not off of the official website.
It would be so much easier to just link everything from one spot. It would resolve alot of questions to have that info, along with the refresh and reboot reminders in a step by step instruction set. I mean, why not? My forum experience has been satisfactory. Fractal products are great. I brag them up every chance I get. There are some helpful people here.
but you're always going to have your clicky people who would rather try to belittle you than help you with meaningful information. And that's too bad.

You seem to be the only one that has an issue here. Most of us read the instructions.

Think about that for a hot minute.

Thinking Reaction GIF by Mr Urbina

The fact that all the instructions that you would need for a beta release is included in the first post, and the fact that you would need to go to the Axe Edit section to find a version compatible with that beta makes perfect sense and is common knowledge.......

Last edited:
The official website has never offered a beta of any Edit or FW versions. Only when the official FW version is released will it be added to fractalaudio.com as well as a new version of Edit if it's necessary for the new FW.

The only way to have access to beta versions is through this forum. It is a way for FAS to further test new FW before releasing a final version and should be considered "use at your own risk". Although many people use betas on a regular basis for gigging, recording or simply playing, there is always the risk of running into an issue not previously found throughout the testing.

Instructions and links are included in the first page of each beta thread so they are all in one spot.

I love betas because they're an adventure. You may run into a bug or implementation that could be easier for the users, but you also have a chance to offer a constructive real world test and to offer constructive and appropriate feedback.

And the gift is early access to innovation. And if it takes an extra thirty seconds to install because the steps to do so are necessarily different than the official releases, that's the smallest deal in the world; absolutely the most first world problem one could imagine.

The betas are for hard core testers and dudes like me who can't wait for the next time Cliff wakes up at 2 am having ruminated about the right algorithm for speaker breakup, whips out Matlab and whatever the hell else he uses, and you have new code and a total spark of creativity, something new and enlightening to inspire us with greater realism and life in our tones. Also, there's nothing wrong with avoiding them in favor of a fully vetted and tested official releases.

But again, who cares what it takes to test betas? If you had to be on special mailing list where you got a damn floppy disk in the mail in 2023, I'd be signed up five minutes ago.

Beta FW is for those of us who know the pitfalls, the perils, and the possibilities. :rolleyes:
Some of the QC people are pretty upset about the last update. It can delete presets and lockup the unit so they took down the firmware download. I check their forum once in a while since I still have a Quad Cortex, even though it sits in its original box collecting dust.

Some of the QC people are pretty upset about the last update. It can delete presets and lockup the unit so they took down the firmware download. I check their forum once in a while since I still have a Quad Cortex, even though it sits in its original box collecting dust.
Well, first rule of firmware updates (beta or not) is always: take a backup.

I guess those who lost stuff at least learned a lesson?

And what if those "clicky" people didn't read for themselves? Hmmmm🧐

When you do the Fourier transform from time domain to frequency domain, the number of samples in the time domain translates to the frequency resolution in the frequency domain, so I think it is justified to talk about frequency resolution - especially in the low-end.
Many many many moons since I last had to do studies/classes with the concept of the Fourier Transform... Ahhh, the memories of electrical engineering school... aCk!!! 😵‍💫🥴🤪

Never noticed it before, but there is an internal clipping red light in the display of the AXE FX. I alway's have the input as alway's sometimes just hitting the red. That's still the case and it's warning me of internal clipping.

Guess my gain stages are somewhere clipping.

Just for your information if you didn't know and missed it somewherer (Like I did).

Just to be sure: is this light indicating the inputs of all stages where one can introduce clipping or is it ONLY the input BLOCK??

Never noticed it before, but there is an internal clipping red light in the display of the AXE FX. I alway's have the input as alway's sometimes just hitting the red. That's still the case and it's warning me of internal clipping.

Just for your information if you didn't know and missed it somewherer (Like I did).

Just to be sure: is this light indicating the inputs of all stages where one can introduce clipping or is it ONLY the input BLOCK??
Might be of help.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/input-clipping-thread.193293/

The input meter is unrelated to gain staging inside the bkocks grid (it reflects level into the A/D converters). I'd suggest carefully reading the "SETTING LEVELS" section of the owners manual, then having a look at the thread posted above.

Last edited:

I had to dial my A/D back quite a bit. Didn't effect tone whatsoever. Check all your guitars and dial back to the hottest one. I believe I went from default of 50% down to 15%

Never noticed it before, but there is an internal clipping red light in the display of the AXE FX.

It just shows clipping at the input block. If you have clipping , it’s pretty much either at the input or the output. Internally, the Axe-Fx has a dynamic range of more than 1400 dB, so its very unlikely that there’s clipping in the internal stages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom