Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #3 (Beta 9)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it will be possible to replace the factory DynaCabs, or the old school factory cabs, now that FractalBot knows how to load those sets of data separately from firmware.

Sorry if posted before: I'm seeing a weirdness when copy/pasting amp1 block to amp2 block. The IC curve does not copy over - ends up different on amp2. Anyone else confirm?

IIRC the second amp's IC is determined by the 2nd slot of the DynaCab, if you haven't selected the same cab it will show a different IC

IIRC the second amp's IC is determined by the 2nd slot of the DynaCab, if you haven't selected the same cab it will show a different IC
I was testing with a new preset with no cab block. It does not always repeat - almost like it was retaining something from a prevuously selected preset with dynacab on.

Damn, the SLO Dyna-Cab with the SM7 is like high gain heaven. It doesn't need a damn thing extra, no EQ, no second mic, no nothing. I'm going through the Riot pedal into the Blue VH4 Channel 4 into the SLO with the SM7, and it's just perfection. Just perfect present yet soft attack with impeccable definition. I don't want to waste space in this thread just gushing, but the way these cabs were captured makes it unbelievably quick and easy to create the very very best of tones. Holy crap. Thanks for these incredible gifts that make it easier than ever to spend less time slaving over tone and more time slaving over music!

I wonder if it will be possible to replace the factory DynaCabs, or the old school factory cabs, now that FractalBot knows how to load those sets of data separately from firmware.
I suspect that we will not be able to replace the factory Dyna-Cabs, and I won’t be surprised if they are not preinstalled eventually.

I also suspect there will be a way to install user Dyna-Cabs also, that reside in their own dedicated space.

How is the question.

I suspect magic will be at play.

Damn, the SLO Dyna-Cab with the SM7 is like high gain heaven. It doesn't need a damn thing extra, no EQ, no second mic, no nothing. I'm going through the Riot pedal into the Blue VH4 Channel 4 into the SLO with the SM7, and it's just perfection. Just perfect present yet soft attack with impeccable definition. I don't want to waste space in this thread just gushing, but the way these cabs were captured makes it unbelievably quick and easy to create the very very best of tones. Holy crap. Thanks for these incredible gifts that make it easier than ever to spend less time slaving over tone and more time slaving over music!
Riot boosting a Diezel??? Any chance you’d post the preset? I haven’t really found a voice for the SLO cab yet.

So far, I really like the EV12L when using single coils or a bright amp and the Mesa Straight + Orange for humbuckers and high gain.

Riot boosting a Diezel??? Any chance you’d post the preset? I haven’t really found a voice for the SLO cab yet.

So far, I really like the EV12L when using single coils or a bright amp and the Mesa Straight + Orange for humbuckers and high gain.

My guitar is a little unusual, with lower output bright pickups set kind of low in the pickguard too, so the presets I created may not translate well at all to better balanced guitars. I had made my guitar perfectly balanced by darkening it with trimpots, but my experiment was to revert my guitar to its inherent over brightness (making my humbuckers nearly sound like single coils) and still to try to find a way to get it to sound balanced through the rest of the signal chain only, to allow me to use the inherent brightness of the guitar to my benefit for low gain tones.

My approach was first to research what amps and pedals inherently have low noise by design, since by using lower output bright pickups I can easily emphasize too much noise with high gain, and that led me to settle on the Blue VH4 (the darker of the two), with the Riot. The SLO Dyna-Cab has girth like you wouldn't believe, and the SM7 is perfect to pick up the girth you need with the right amount of definition, without needing any other mics to balance the frequencies in any way.

I set my tone first to sound awesome, dark and girthy, with the Riot bypassed, then I turned on the drive, setting it's gain and level very very low, to tighten the attack, but still letting the character of the gain mostly come from the amp. It seemed to be a good low noise option for high gain tone from lower output pickups.

And this did pay off for the goal of my experiment overall. I was easily able to get great single coil emulation by drastically lowering input gain then applying an input gain peak somewhere around 6 kHz, with a tiny tilt eq toward the dark side.

I have found I like the Orange Dyna-Cab too, for high gain, that I get a great pissed off rock 'n roll character with it. I feel like the world of tone opened to entirely new worlds with this feature.

Ive finally had a chance to run this through its paces. And let me tell you, the realism of this dynacabs technology is fantastic
Although sadly for me i hear alot of the non-uk speakers in the 4x12s especially the recto's. Some may like them but for me unfortunately they are too bright and shrill at least for my ears and considering the types of tones iver been after these days.
Im going to have to assume those are not the UK versions of the speakers inserted into those cabs. It can be compensated for with mic positioning but the general tone is what it is. I am therefore still needing to use certain Ownhammers despite a lower resolution. At this point it really does not matter. Audio is good enough on legacy IRs.

Later edit here to this posting, the Rumble 4x12 with the EV12Ls are usable for me and the Hot Kitty 1x12 cab.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom