Axe-Fx III Firmware 22.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm experiencing very pleasing results with this Beta. If I tried to put it into words, its as if all the frequencies existed within themselves. Meaning Lows can be heard, and felt while also allowing the low mids to be their own entity. Upper frequencies are not masked by the upper mids, they exist within their own range.

Clarity and separation are phenomenal, I can't stop playing. Which is ultimately the point of this piece of gear, return on investment surpasses any other musical investment I've made in the last 45 years.

P.S. anyone want to buy a:
Mesa Single Solo head
Krank Rev 1+ head
EVH Stealth 100 head

LOL

Edit, I forgot to mention touch and feel. I could go on, and on

Waiting anxiously for the Matchless Dyna-cabs, and can't wait to try the SM7... one of my favorite mics for EG and vocals. Unfortunately, my rig is still at church from our Good Friday service, since I'm playing again tomorrow for Easter (this weekend is like the Super Bowl of religious holidays, haha).

I would love it if the final Dyna-cab version had two or three mic choices in each category (Dynamic, Ribbon, etc...), but understand that would be a LOT of work! Maybe that's where the IR makers can add value?

I have now set the input to 3% and that works great tone wise, so i don¨t care if it's correct or not.
3% ??? wow! that's crazy low. is the Axe at that point still receiving your guitar's natural sound or is that a completely cut down version of its natural self? just sounds odd since pretty much forever it was stated that the default 50% work just fine.
have you done some a/b recordings to check if it sounds any different or actually better?

3% ??? wow! that's crazy low. is the Axe at that point still receiving your guitar's natural sound or is that a completely cut down version of its natural self? just sounds odd since pretty much forever it was stated that the default 50% work just fine.
have you done some a/b recordings to check if it sounds any different or actually better?
Haven’t done any ab, but i don’t feel any loss.
Sounds great. But as noted, i slam the input really hard with boosts, OD, etc.

Edit: i see 5 is the new 50.

Toooo bad. I turned 50 four weeks ago and thought it was the default. But how wrong was I.
Need to go back to 5 i guess.

Screenshot_20230408_150437_Calculator.jpg
3% is about -30dB....

I'm experiencing very pleasing results with this Beta. If I tried to put it into words, its as if all the frequencies existed within themselves. Meaning Lows can be heard, and felt while also allowing the low mids to be their own entity. Upper frequencies are not masked by the upper mids, they exist within their own range.

Clarity and separation are phenomenal, I can't stop playing. Which is ultimately the point of this piece of gear, return on investment surpasses any other musical investment I've made in the last 45 years.

P.S. anyone want to buy a:
Mesa Single Solo head
Krank Rev 1+ head
EVH Stealth 100 head

LOL

Edit, I forgot to mention touch and feel. I could go on, and on
This is a great description. I was thinking of a way to describe it. The frequencies seem like they are very defined compared to my main IR set up. There sounds like resonant artifacts in my IR which I never would've noticed until I A/B'd. I'm still trying to figure out how to dial in the resonant thump in the Dyna set up that I have with my IR. The Dyna is 'in your face'. But it's also like a guitar cab when standing directly in front. Once I move off axis the frequencies roll off like a cab. I'm just missing the cab's bounce/thump. Maybe adding a second CAB with an IR setup will fill that void? But I suspect I just haven't figured out how to dial it in yet.

This is a great description. I was thinking of a way to describe it. The frequencies seem like they are very defined compared to my main IR set up. There sounds like resonant artifacts in my IR which I never would've noticed until I A/B'd. I'm still trying to figure out how to dial in the resonant thump in the Dyna set up that I have with my IR. The Dyna is 'in your face'. But it's also like a guitar cab when standing directly in front. Once I move off axis the frequencies roll off like a cab. I'm just missing the cab's bounce/thump. Maybe adding a second CAB with an IR setup will fill that void? But I suspect I just haven't figured out how to dial it in yet.
Play with the speaker comp and Thump

Hi,
Is it only me?, I am a bit confused, is this a final release or still a beta version?, it says 22 release, then it came a new beta again?

Randomly chiming back in as I previously reported not getting good results with Dyna-Cab. Enjoying some of my recent attempts - Rumble 12L and Rumble 12L + Recto Straight. Ribbon, Dynamic, or both mixed. Finding I have to bump the cab block level up 1dB to match volume with Legacy IRs. Possibly just related to the way I am perceiving the tone rather than actual disconnect in level. Anyway - recommend checking out the Rumble 12L cab even if the related Legacy cabs weren't your cuppa tea. Thanks.

Play with the speaker comp and Thump
This helps. I'm at Spkr Compress 8.25 and Thump at 8.6. Seems high but sounds good. Just playing around but cranking those two that high seems to smooth out the feel. Of course I want MORE thump...lol. I tried upping the Spkr drive but surprisingly backing it off makes it sound better. Still tweaking. I've also set up a preset blending a legacy with the Dyna. I'm not sure that does much for me that I couldn't do with a Legacy on it's own.

I'm still trying to figure out how to dial in the resonant thump in the Dyna set up that I have with my IR. I'm just missing the cab's bounce/thump. Maybe adding a second CAB with an IR setup will fill that void? But I suspect I just haven't figured out how to dial it in yet.
Me too. I had to turn off my normal lo-cuts completely when using DynaCabs to come close.

I had a legacy cab block set up with my four favorite Marshall 4x12 cabs and settings for channels A, B, C, D.
I was switching to from the channel A legacy cab to the channel A dynacab to compare them and trying to dial in a dynacab version of my favorite legacy cabs, to see if I could make it sound as good or hopefully even better. Every time I'd change anything in the dynacab block (like pan, hi or lo cut, which cabs I had turned on, etc) and would go back to the legacy block it had changed also, and vice versa. So that caused problems when trying to compare one directly to the other.

This helps. I'm at Spkr Compress 8.25 and Thump at 8.6. Seems high but sounds good. Just playing around but cranking those two that high seems to smooth out the feel. Of course I want MORE thump...lol. I tried upping the Spkr drive but surprisingly backing it off makes it sound better. Still tweaking. I've also set up a preset blending a legacy with the Dyna. I'm not sure that does much for me that I couldn't do with a Legacy on it's own.
I normally don't have those settings that high either, but I will try playing with those parameters around tonight. I haven't tried blending legacy and dynacab blocks yet either. I was thinking that might sound really great. The DynaCabs have a great sounding clarity to them.

I love the Rumble legacy cabs. I haven't been able to get the same low end thump for the Rumble Dynacabs yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom