Axe-Fx III Cygnus Presets - Banks A & B Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote them for the FM3 presets some time ago. And now for the new III banks. I still want do a series of videos on factory presets, but that will probably never happen.
If there‘s anything I can do to help, I‘m available. I‘d looooove to get some insight in the factry presets.

i once had a guitar player play through them on my Axe II and my jaw dropped on his ability to read the preset name or just know the amp, play a bit to get the sound of the preset and then just immediately go to a riff or lick that suited that amp/era. I feel like getting some insights here would really open my playing.

If there‘s anything I can do to help, I‘m available. I‘d looooove to get some insight in the factry presets.

i once had a guitar player play through them on my Axe II and my jaw dropped on his ability to read the preset name or just know the amp, play a bit to get the sound of the preset and then just immediately go to a riff or lick that suited that amp/era. I feel like getting some insights here would really open my playing.
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/how-can-i-help.70707/#post-867302

S/Hip Ahoy. What's not to love?

Great stuff, as usual, Brett. :)

For those who may not be familiar with the effect, which actually goes back to the very beginning of synthesizer technology, it's called "Sample and Hold" or simply S&H, (or even just S/H - as in the preset title) and it's random or set level switching on a modulator that is set to modify the filter cutoff. Those who, like me, grew up with Moogs, ARP2600, and huge Roland modular synths will be very familiar with this effect. But it's not one that has been used much as a guitar effect until Zappa did it, as far as I know.

Joe Walsh used a similar effect on this track - listen to it kick in at about the 2'50" mark onwards....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom