Axe-Fx III Cygnus Presets - Banks A & B Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
So nice having the the Mark II right now... I can load both of these banks up without having to make any space :). I also can't believe I just spent about a half hour on preset one... I was never a fan of the 59 Bassguy factory preset before but I'm loving it now. Not sure if its Cygnus, tweaking or combo of the two but its gonna take me a year to get through these at this pace :). Good problems to have!

I believe this needs to be clarified: (I couldn't figure out how to send the Bank A presets to Bank A on the AF3)

You need to first click "Begin", then Fractal Bot will open a new dialog window that asks which bank (on the AF3) you want to send the bank to.

I feel it would be more intuitive if, as soon as you browse, then select, the bank file you wish to import, that dialog window would automatically open, asking you which bank you want to send it to.

It would be nice to remember, not all of us have done these sorts of operations in the past, and the links you guys provide, don't necessarily show the current process accurately. For example, in the Wiki, it says: In the editor, GoTo FILE, then Open..., but on the most recent version of Axe Edit, there is no FILE menu. You have to open Fractal Bot, from the Tools menu. Select SEND tab, browse for your bank file, then continue as in the 2nd sentence above.
I think it works very well myself, remember most of us learned it from the manual. I know, that’s old school, but it works very well.

I know I should RTFM, but besides backing up my current presets, which I have done, what is the quickest and easiest way to restore a previous bank or an individual preset. I want to try these new factory presets, but I want the option to go back to what I currently have, if need be. Thanks for helping a slightly tech challenged member.
Installing them to another bank is another option, so you can have both your presets and these

These presets are incredible. They brought the axefx to what is now a turn-key unit for 99% of tones out there.

Major props to "Matt Picone Preset And Play For Hours." There's no wonder why he was recruited by Cliff off this forum many years ago to join the company. The many knows tone, and the intricacies of effects. Bank B is where it's at for me. I get lost in the out there presets and lose track of time. I would love a bank of nothing but Matt's presets just to learn and have fun at the same time.

I believe this needs to be clarified: (I couldn't figure out how to send the Bank A presets to Bank A on the AF3)

You need to first click "Begin", then Fractal Bot will open a new dialog window that asks which bank (on the AF3) you want to send the bank to.

I feel it would be more intuitive if, as soon as you browse, then select, the bank file you wish to import, that dialog window would automatically open, asking you which bank you want to send it to.

Agreed.

Matt,
in "Flanking Flangers", scene 1 ("Both Flangers"): one of the Flanger blocks is bypassed.

Kind of surprised to see so many of the Legacy cab mixes still in the new presets. Just think there are so many better options in the factory cabs now. It just takes time to find/mix them.

Kind of surprised to see so many of the Legacy cab mixes still in the new presets. Just think there are so many better options in the factory cabs now. It just takes time to find/mix them.
Go for it! ;)

@yek have these preset descriptions been around for a while? This is the first time I've known of them... Well regardless of whether they have been around for years or are new thanks for putting them together. I appreciate the hints of how to finesse your playing to get what the preset was designed for. I also grab key values from the descriptions for my own tagging system. These updated presets are really nice.

@yek have these preset descriptions been around for a while? This is the first time I've known of them... Well regardless of whether they have been around for years or are new thanks for putting them together. I appreciate the hints of how to finesse your playing to get what the preset was designed for. I also grab key values from the descriptions for my own tagging system. These updated presets are really nice.

I wrote them for the FM3 presets some time ago. And now for the new III banks. I still want do a series of videos on factory presets, but that will probably never happen.

@yek have these preset descriptions been around for a while? This is the first time I've known of them... Well regardless of whether they have been around for years or are new thanks for putting them together. I appreciate the hints of how to finesse your playing to get what the preset was designed for.

Totally agree, thanks so much for doing these Yek. I’ve always hoped we’d get some insight into the influence, recommended gear, etc behind the presets. I get a lot of the references from the preset names, but some are a bit cryptic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom