Axe-Fx III Cygnus Presets - Banks A & B Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sat down with new banks A & B today. I was color marking the ones I liked in Axe-Edit. After a while, so many were marked I gave up. I don't think there's a bad preset in the bunch, these are ridiculously good. Most excellent job Matt and crew!!!

Last edited:
NOTES: Bank B contains a lot of exotic, over-the-top effect demo presets. I worked to add improvements and enhancements to these that I hope will make them even more playable and enjoyable for you. In fact many of these presets had not been edited for a LONG time, so there was an opportunity to showcase the many new features now found on the III.

In many cases, I updated the presets names slightly to highlight noteworthy changes (e.g. "Ballerina III" vs. "Ballet Slippers"). The original versions can sometimes be found amongst the scenes with names like "Classic", or "Original".

In cases where the preset name changed, I tried to use the old preset name as a scene name ("Zamfir" for instance, can now be found playing his pan pipe inside of the "Synth Lineup" preset, together with some new Taurus pedals, a Prog lead, and more).

I did my best to make sure no preset has dead (muted) scenes unless this is intentional and they are aptly named.

Finally, I assume that most people will use PERFORM-GLOBAL for the Amp block, so in many case I changed these to useful effect control knobs instead.

A few of what I felt were clunkers were in fact replaced (I still converted these to Cygnus version first and will make all of the old unedited versions of Bank B available somewhere for you).

Note that you all are getting these before they've had a once-over by the beta team for a level check. I'm sure there will be some simple things to fix and this will be done when I release bank C this week.

ENJOY
You do actually sleep occasionally, yes? Thx for the most xlnt presets!

Thank you @Admin M@ these presets are amazing! Gives me the focus on how my own presets could sound (but wont).

Quick question.
My controller gives me information that the WAH is available in many presets, but my Wah pedal is on Pedal1 control. Is it possible to bulk switch all the Wah1 controls on external1 to Pedal1 control?

TY in advance
Cheers

Preset "Asian Documentary" shows a minor anomaly on the editor's Controllers > Modifiers screen.

LFO 1A shows the block and parameter it controls (Pitch > Pan).
But LFO 1B shows only the block (Pitch).

@Michael Pickens

I think the last time I played with factory presets was with Axe FX II, somewhere around 2014. These updates already sound amazing. Might be the time to revisit some 😉

I know I should RTFM, but besides backing up my current presets, which I have done, what is the quickest and easiest way to restore a previous bank or an individual preset. I want to try these new factory presets, but I want the option to go back to what I currently have, if need be. Thanks for helping a slightly tech challenged member.

It's nice to have those factory presets. Even if just to get out of your own lane, on occasion.

Being thrown into a new sonic landscape can inspire some creativity; out of the box approaches. They also serve as a great template to copy or expand upon.

I really appreciate them being updated by someone with both intensive knowledge of the unit, and a good ear for tones.

I know I should RTFM, but besides backing up my current presets, which I have done, what is the quickest and easiest way to restore a previous bank or an individual preset. I want to try these new factory presets, but I want the option to go back to what I currently have, if need be. Thanks for helping a slightly tech challenged member.
To restore a whole bank, use Fractal-Bot. To restore a single preset, use Manage Presets.

I believe this needs to be clarified: (I couldn't figure out how to send the Bank A presets to Bank A on the AF3)

You need to first click "Begin", then Fractal Bot will open a new dialog window that asks which bank (on the AF3) you want to send the bank to.

I feel it would be more intuitive if, as soon as you browse, then select, the bank file you wish to import, that dialog window would automatically open, asking you which bank you want to send it to.

It would be nice to remember, not all of us have done these sorts of operations in the past, and the links you guys provide, don't necessarily show the current process accurately. For example, in the Wiki, it says: In the editor, GoTo FILE, then Open..., but on the most recent version of Axe Edit, there is no FILE menu. You have to open Fractal Bot, from the Tools menu. Select SEND tab, browse for your bank file, then continue as in the 2nd sentence above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom