Axe-Fx III: Carry Case / Gig Bag Options and Ideas

Any further progress on this now that people have gotten their units? I’m really interested in the shallowest-possible 3-space rack with good protection.

Can anyone post a pic of the rear of a SKB shallow roto rack with the III in it? Thanks

Thanks. Do all plugs have to be removed when putting the lid on?
I'll have to check, but my guess is yes they would have to be removed. If I had right angle connectors going to Output 1 L/R of the Axe-FX, then that would probably help.

You added casters and a handle to this case? Photos?

Yes ...I did a few years ago for when I just received my Axe-Fx II. I ended up using the SKB PS-100 which I modified too with casters and a pull-out handle.

I’m thinking to use the Gator 4u shock case again for the Axe-Fx III.

It’s 2:07am.....

I’ll post pics from my iMac tomorrow on my modified Gator G-SHOCK-4L 4U Shock Audio Rack

Last edited:
Yes ...I did a few years ago for when I just received my Axe-Fx II. I ended up using the SKB PS-100 which I modified too with casters and a pull-out handle.

I’m thinking to use the Gator 4u shock case again for the Axe-Fx III.

It’s 2:07am.....

I’ll post pics from my iMac tomorrow on the my modified Gator G-SHOCK-4L 4U Shock Audio Rack
Australia? Your profile location says USA, but seems you're a long ways off somewhere. Thanks, would appreciate seeing it.

Thanks. Do all plugs have to be removed when putting the lid on?
I went and checked and you probably would have to unplug if you're not using right angled cables. The power cable for the Axe-FX is fine though. If it helps any, I think the inside of the lid gives about 2.5 inches of space between the lid and case.

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom