Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 5 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember someone posting about this bug previously, but I think it might have been a different amp, so:

If presence on Brootalz is taken below about 1 it causes a volume increase.

I seem to remember someone posting about this bug previously, but I think it might have been a different amp, so:

If presence on Brootalz is taken below about 1 it causes a volume increase.
Some presence controls do that. Brootalz uses the Engl Savage presence network which reduces negative feedback as the control is turned down causing an increase in volume.

MV is way more than volume, it's how hard the power amp is being driven. very important for heavy players to fine tune the tightness. I play mostly non-mv amps so it's not as a big deal to me.
Yeah, when I first started reading some of the posts, I thought “shoot, what if my MV settings are off now? Maybe the final release should auto-adjust it.” Then I remembered all my sounds are non-MV or it has one and I turned it up to 10 anyways. 😂

Unpopular opinion: After a few days with 16.00 Beta, I'm going back to 15.01. I love the extra low end in 16, but I feel like I've lost some headroom, and every amp I use regularly sounds fizzy when boosted (same boost settings and amp settings I've always used). The culprits are: DC30, AC20, Liverpool and Rocket. I'm also getting a weird sustain and buzz on an F, F# and G played in the octave on the G string at the 10th, 11th and 12th frets... sounds like cone cry. Turned off all drives, delay and reverb and it still does it. Bummed!

Yeah, when I first started reading some of the posts, I thought “shoot, what if my MV settings are off now? Maybe the final release should auto-adjust it.” Then I remembered all my sounds are non-MV or it has one and I turned it up to 10 anyways. 😂
That's what I feel a lot of people are upset about with volume tapers coming from preamp gain based amps, which is basically all amps since like 1984, except some boutiques like Matchless and Trainwreck. Owning those amps in the way back whens without an attenuator (hotplate or powerbrake) made them unusable in most living conditions and venues, so people got to know their volume controls intimately.
In Axe all the amps are essentially preamps and even then you have the handy headroom meter for dialing in modern amps.

Unpopular opinion: After a few days with 16.00 Beta, I'm going back to 15.01. I love the extra low end in 16, but I feel like I've lost some headroom, and every amp I use regularly sounds fizzy when boosted (same boost settings and amp settings I've always used). The culprits are: DC30, AC20, Liverpool and Rocket. I'm also getting a weird sustain and buzz on an F, F# and G played in the octave on the G string at the 10th, 11th and 12th frets... sounds like cone cry. Turned off all drives, delay and reverb and it still does it. Bummed!
You might try rolling back the tube bias to be less hot the way Cliff discussed in an earlier post. You could see if that helps get you closer to what you had before going back to 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom