Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that the tuner behaved nice and smooth just after startup on this beta. On previous FWs it usually takes like a minute before its running smooth

Reactions: HIO
LOL...Is 125K not an audible frequency? I don't know about these things....I'm a learnin'. I guess the low end I dialed out previously, is now dialed back in because something good happened.
Human ears are bound to a frequency range between 20 to 20'000 Hz at best, and after years of loud gigs the upper range will most probably be down around 16KHz.

Having played or owned most of these amps I tend to disagree.....with the exception of the rectos and legacy, I don't find them muddy at all

Matter of fact, I saw a couple Leon videos where I think he left the soldano and 5150 at stock settings and was getting killer tones

You can also just scoop frequencies around 200-400hz or so, cleans up mud on any amp, or use the tubescreamer trick in front

What kinda guitar are you using? Sometimes it may be the guitar and not the amp...also check your pickup height
I have tried a lot of things to have a metal sound with the « 5150 block » amp and it’s always dirty . Same with the slash head . Hard to have a gnrs sound with it . For the rest I owned a lot of guitars and know how to set them , as it was my main job for years . The savage sounds really agressive. The powerball is muddy too

Hi,
I’ve only had a few minutes to mess with this (busy month), but I certainly feel a sudden jump in reality. Like others have said, earlier versions sounded like a pre processed guitar track whereas this is like a living amplifier next to me. Loving it. Thanks
Pauly

https://www.fractalaudio.com/downlo...xe-fx-3/16p0/axefxiii_dsp_rel_16p00_beta4.zip

IMPORTANT - READ ME - DON'T IGNORE - LISTEN UP CHUCKLEHEADS

1. This is BETA firmware. It is not guaranteed to be flawless and bug-free.
2. It WILL change the sound of your presets.
3. The volume levels of your presets WILL likely change.
4. There are known issues with minor popping/thumping when changing amp models/channels/scenes.
5. Not every amp model has been updated yet. Some amp models may sound completely wrong. If an amp model is not listed below there is a possibility it won't sound right.
6. There may be issues with Axe-Edit not working correctly for some amp models.
7. You MUST update Axe-Edit to the latest beta for proper operation:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...8-supports-fw-16-00-public-beta.170254/unread

IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO ACCEPT THE ABOVE LIMITIATIONS THEN YOU SHOULD NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE.

The following amp models have been updated and verified against the real amps:
'59 Bassman
'65 Bassman
Vibroverb
Band-Master
Deluxe Reverb
Twin Reverb BF
Deluxe 5E3
Princeton Reverb
AC20 DLX
Plexi 50W
Plexi 1987x
Plexi 6CA7
Recto2
CAE 3+
X88
X99
SLO 100
Triaxis
Mesa MKIV
6505+
5150 III
Orange Tiny Terror
Tucana
Cornford MK50
Swart Atomic Space Tone
Komet Concorde
Komet 60
Tweed 5F8-A
FAS Brootalz
Diezel Herbert
Friedman Smallbox
Friedman BE/HBE
Dirty Shirley
Cameron CCV
Cameron Atomica
Dumble ODS-100 HRM
Dumble ODS-100 Clean
Ruby Rocket
Trainwreck Express
Trainwreck Liverpool
Trainwreck Rocket
Suhr Badger 18
JCM800
JCM800 #34
Brit Super
Brit 800 Mod
Brit Brown
PRS Archon

The following models have been updated but NOT verified yet:
JTM45
Carol-Ann OD2
1959SLP
Plexi 100W
Mark IIC+
Bogner Ecstasy
Bogner Shiva
Bogner Uberschall
Super Reverb
Vibrolux
Diezel VH4 Blue
Plexi 50W 6550

When I do my presets I have everything to try them , single coils to active 8 strings

Attachments

• 30245370-73DE-4ABA-B9A1-EADD6E499207.jpeg
    30245370-73DE-4ABA-B9A1-EADD6E499207.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
Reactions: jon
I got troubles with the legacy head too. As i have Steve’s sound in my head , I m pretty disappointed with his signature head modeling

I got troubles with the legacy head too. As i have Steve’s sound in my head , I m pretty disappointed with his signature head modeling

Do you have that signature head with you to do a direct comparison? What I mean is, it might not be any easier to dial in the real head. Accurate modelling is accurate modelling.

Do you have that signature head with you to do a direct comparison? What I mean is, it might not be any easier to dial in the real head. Accurate modelling is accurate modelling.
No I don’t have tried the original . But vai sounds really clean . That’s a super clean high gain lead sound . When you mess around with this legacy amp you have everything except super fluid lead sound . Maybe that’s not the amp of the record or live don’t know .

I think It’s better to not talk about « accurate modeling « as the only comparaison head I have at home don’t sound the same. every 6 months or year we have a huge update that change a lot the sound of the axe . Ares was perfect modeling, now Cygnus is perfect modeling , until with have the « elefant » one who is THE real thing 😅 . Better to not waste time with these useless and never ending debate ... for now the true things are the true things , and modelers are really good these days as we don’t hear the difference easily as before .

I think It’s better to not talk about « accurate modeling « as the only comparaison head I have at home don’t sound the same. every 6 months or year we have a huge update that change a lot the sound of the axe . Ares was perfect modeling, now Cygnus is perfect modeling , until with have the « elefant » one who is the real thing . Better to not waste time with these useless and never ending debate ... for now the true things are the true things , and modelers are really good these days as we don’t hear the difference easily as before .

Well then don't waste your time I guess, lol.

Just want to know if I am the only one who expect to have a « vai type of sound » or a « slash type of sound » with their respective signature heads modeling and being 🤔 tweaking them . Maybe they just release these signature heads that are far away for what they use everytime everywhere just for business . When you see satriani switching to Marshall after a whole life with peavey , malmsteen to Seymour after a whole life with DI marzio, Hammett with Randall with a life in boogies ... maybe just business yes . They put their names but it’s not their signature sounds

Just want to know if I am the only one who expect to have a « vai type of sound » or a « slash type of sound » with their respective signature heads modeling and being 🤔 tweaking them . Maybe they just release these signature heads that are far away for what they use everytime everywhere just for business . When you see satriani switching to Marshall after a whole life with peavey , malmsteen to Seymour after a whole life with DI marzio, Hammett with Randall with a life in boogies ... maybe just business yes . They put their names but it’s not their signature sounds

I don't expect to plug into Slash's amp head and sound like Slash, no. I expect there is more that goes into his particular sound than just the head. Same with Vai, same with Satriani.

The legacy isn't a great amp for rhythm playing, but it's a FANTASTIC amp for leads! I'd say use it in that context only and you might enjoy it a lot more 😉
Vai also uses some stompboxes with his legacy in addition to a rack of other stuff if I remember correctly

Yup, plus their signature sounds come from their hands, so don't get discouraged

If you want a closer tone to them though, pick an amp they use like the legacy, and tone match it, you'll have the same sound, with the same amp response, best of both worlds 🌎😄

Or just go through his setup and make a preset to match everything that's in his rig, and you should be closer to the sound

Legacy: did you try both models? They are very different and require very different tweaks to the tone stack.

AFD: AFD mode of 34 mode?

FAS models an amp, measures the amp and compares the measurements to the model. There's no reason to think that the FAS model sounds different from the real amp that FAS has modeled.

There are so many reasons why a YouTube clip can sound different, better or worse.

I m watching videos for the original carvin head . It completely suck 🤣. Ok . So that’s not a problem of modeling . But the real afd sounds killer my god . I m never been a Marshall guy , but the sound he got , kick ass

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom