Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legacy: did you try both models? They are very different and require very different tweaks to the tone stack.

AFD: AFD mode of 34 mode?

FAS models an amp, measures the amp and compares the measurements to the model. There's no reason to think that the FAS model sounds different from the real amp that FAS has modeled.

There are so many reasons why a YouTube clip can sound different, better or worse.
Isn't Cyngus supposed to be more accurate than ares?

Not that people listening to random youtube clips of an amp model and then comparing to a corresponding fractal amp sim is a good way to conclude much. But if Cyngus is more accurate than ares, well, one can imagine that at least some amp sims weren't "spot on" previously.

And I would imagine Cyngus isn't the end of such advancements either.

I'm so happy that you purchase the jp2C, we will finally be able to talk about an amp that we both have at home , YES .

Isn't Cyngus supposed to be more accurate than ares?

Not that people listening to random youtube clips of an amp model and then comparing to a corresponding fractal amp sim is a good way to conclude much. But if Cyngus is more accurate than ares, well, one can imagine that at least some amp sims weren't "spot on" previously.

And I would imagine Cyngus isn't the end of such advancements either.

That’s not the case. If something’s better now, it doesn’t mean it wasn’t good before.

I can't be the only one that finds it funny that people are already putting "Pre-Gibson" in their listings. . .
I find it logical - as many will perceive a quality difference before / after - does seem a bit early for that though.

That’s not the case. If something’s better now, it doesn’t mean it wasn’t good before.
It's not the case that Cyngus is more accurate than ares or? Didn't it come about thanks to critical listening of Cliff, which revealed discrepancies? It seems that a big number of amp sims have changed now, some more so than others.

I mentioned accuracy, not being better or worse in terms of some other measure (for example "what someone prefers"), if it's about that. Of course older amp modelling can still be good or even great by one's taste. A lot of people like what kemper does to source tones, constant, slight TS hump. But it could be more accurate.

And for accuracy as well, if Cyngus is more accurate than Ares, that's cool for people who want that. But this does not mean it "wasn't at all accurate" before. It's not even clear to me at which point A can be said to be "accurate" and what exactly this entails (often a loaded description). The kind of test considered sufficient to call it a day and sims "accurate", in some companies, isn't the same elsewhere.

I do believe that most claims about fractal's innacuracies are due to bad testing or unwarranted conclusions of users. But also seeings so many amps change quite a bit is telling about how things haven't been "perfect".

Not that cliff has claimed this about all amp sims (I don't know if this has occured about certain sims). And I like the fact that fractal keeps moving forward instead of just calling it a day. It's such a different approach from some other companies and definitely welcome for me personally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom