Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really like him as a player and person, but i wonder if his playing style and tone choices don't offer too much specifically to show the difference in firmware. he has a light touch, and even with the higher gain demo, his style just might not be "exciting the amp" enough to really push the amp block dynamically to show off new dynamics.

again, nothing against him at all. i'm usually in his livestreams and enjoy all his videos. but i didn't hear much of a difference in the comparison, and didn't really hear what i hear from other clips in this very thread from the new amp block.

he's an outstanding player obviously, likes various gear from all brands, and won't trash talk any gear when comments beg him to do so. i like that.
I thought pretty much the exact same thing when I originally watched this. I like him too, seems a good guy and good player.

I rised negative feedback in many presets. That got reset to factory values, so I retweak that first, then I tweak the volume. But also BMT work different now and touching master volume also allows for different sweet spots...so honestly, to get all the benefit, consider a whole retweak, not just the volume?
When the app reacts differently to settings on the front controls, especially in how those settings affect each other, that means the new Cygnus changes are working! 😁

Last edited:
I've cleared up my attic in the past weeks. Sold a lot of gear below market prices, because I preferred to get rid of it quickly, instead of getting the best price and having to deal with it all. And what's left, I've donated to a friend of a son of mine, who's running a studio. I dislike keeping stuff around that I don't use. When my house is cleaned up, my mind is cleaned up.

I've cleared up my attic in the past weeks. Sold a lot of gear below market prices, because I preferred to get rid of it quickly, instead of getting the best price and having to deal with it all. And what's left, I've donated to a friend of a son of mine, who's running a studio. I dislike keeping stuff around that I don't use. When my house is cleaned up, my mind is cleaned up.
I Really need to do this...especially cuz I have no attic or garage.......just converted bedroom/storage units.

Now that I played it all day, pretty much everything except 5153100W RED sounds great. This one however sounds looser and muddier than before.(According to my older Presets) Maybe it sounds closer to original thing and I liked the fw15.01 version better.

I have a 5153 100 Stealth head, and 15.01 was so close to the actual tone, my settings were exactly the same between the two (inadvertently)

it seems like Cygnus is more like the original red channel from the standard 5153 100 head, which I didn't really like

That’s the ticket!

I wish it didn't bother me so much to have gear sitting around that I'm not using. I some times end up selling stuff that I later find a use for.

I am really impressed with the number of new members that are asking good questions and participating in the forum and this discussion ! Some of their questions are AxeFX 101 and some are very advanced for newbies. Its great to see the more experienced members answer their questions and help these members get started. Even as a member for years I learn or relearn things that I thought I knew. It appears that we will have a lot of really good new members that will add lots of new quality to this forum.

I spent most of the day yesterday going back through the first 100 or so factory presets, that had previously seemed to me to be very vanilla. I was truly amazed that suddenly almost every one of them seemed to come alive. I am not privy to the magic that Cliff and FAS has done to this software but it has squelched my tube amp GAS !

Welcome new members and congratulations to FAS for your continued quest to be the unquestionable best !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom