Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 4 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I can reload from a backup and it'll touch the default settings to bump them to the new defaults? Niiiice.
hmm, you cut off the rest of the quote:

The amp models are automatically updated upon preset load. However if you've adjusted advanced parameters like Dynamics, Speaker Compression, Speaker Impedance, etc. those parameters are not updated. A soft reset of the amp will reset those parameters.

The amp models are automatically updated upon preset load. However if you've adjusted advanced parameters like Dynamics, Speaker Compression, Speaker Impedance, etc. those parameters are not updated. A soft reset of the amp will reset those parameters.
Do the factory presets use advanced parameters, or are they using the defaults? It seems like they'd stick to the defaults to show what the unit sounds like without extra-special secret sauce.

Do the factory presets use advanced parameters, or are they using the defaults? It seems like they'd stick to the defaults to show what the unit sounds like without extra-special secret sauce.
i would educated-guess that they use defaults. i'm sure here or there someone designed a preset with a bit of change in the advanced parameters. but if i were designing Factory Preset (hehe) i would reset the amp block and just adjust the basic page as needed.

Unfortunately the display makes no sense.

Clicking the selection box on the left of a line will show it's checked, but I can't tell it what parameters to leave alone and it won't let me select or enter a parameter. Drive is preselected and is the only one listed and since the others are undefined or invisible I'm not going to click on "Apply !":View attachment 78943
I tried setting the checkbox to see if that would allow me to select a parameter or enter one, but that didn't help.
View attachment 78944
I also got two core dumps so something's not working.
Then you'll have to wait for an update, this is a free tool...

for the lulz, fired up the ol axe fx 2 XL+, same amp, same setting, using external IR, the difference is comical between the 2 and 3, if you just listen to the 2, it's fine... but as soon as you have a frame of reference with the 3, it's not, it's such a huge difference, very good job Cliff

Ok, what Is II and what is III in this audio?

That Brit 800 #34 and my Edge Strat?

I THINK this is what I had - not sure what verb settings as I didn't save the presets....
Edge Strat has a humbucker in the bridge...this is on pos 1 with the vol at about 7 and the tone down a notch.

Sounds very good (The Edge Strat has got original a fat Duncan Singlecoil?).

Interessting that you´r using your knobs on guitar to make this sound - but it show, how good the new Firmware/Algorhythm reacts with the guitar.

i think the concept of Global Tempo is that it changes, otherwise you'd use per-preset tempo to lock in an exact value.

if you have 2 presets set to use Global Tempo, when you tap it in, it will be say 112, then changing patches, that next patch will also be at 112.

for me, i have never even thought out Global Tempo "not saving" because the way i use it - how i think it is intended - is that you would tap tempo to match whatever situation you're in at the moment. i personally haven't ever done any gig or recording session where i power on and need the exact same last tempo i used. often it's a different song than what i last used, or a completely new song for recordings etc.

of course people may find themselves playing to the exact same tempo every time they boot up the axe. but i don't that is the intent of Global Tempo.

could someone describe a situation where this happens? i guess practicing the same song every time you sit down to play guitar?
Right, for me, the idea of global tempo is to change/align tempo across multiple presets. So
1. Some presets tempo are managed at per preset level, e.g. they are not affected by global tempo at all.
2. While other presets tempo are managed uniformly by the same global tempo setting.

Allowing saving global tempo does NOT contradict the use-cases you described above, right? I don't see any reason for not allowing to save global tempo.... Maybe it's merely an accidental omission? @FractalAudio

Right, for me, the idea of global tempo is to change/align tempo across multiple presets. So
1. Some presets tempo are managed at per preset level, e.g. they are not affected by global tempo at all.
2. While other presets tempo are managed uniformly by the same global tempo setting.

Allowing saving global tempo does NOT contradict the use-cases you described above, right? I don't see any reason for not allowing to save global tempo.... Maybe it's merely an accidental omission? @FractalAudio
it doesn't. just for conversation sake, i'm not understanding a benefit for saving it. i'm sure some would like that, but i can't think of a situation where that'd help. any examples?

Not sure if it's already been posted, but here's Jonathan Cordy doing a comparison:

i really like him as a player and person, but i wonder if his playing style and tone choices don't offer too much specifically to show the difference in firmware. he has a light touch, and even with the higher gain demo, his style just might not be "exciting the amp" enough to really push the amp block dynamically to show off new dynamics.

again, nothing against him at all. i'm usually in his livestreams and enjoy all his videos. but i didn't hear much of a difference in the comparison, and didn't really hear what i hear from other clips in this very thread from the new amp block.

he's an outstanding player obviously, likes various gear from all brands, and won't trash talk any gear when comments beg him to do so. i like that.

i really like him as a player and person, but i wonder if his playing style and tone choices don't offer too much specifically to show the difference in firmware. he has a light touch, and even with the higher gain demo, his style just might not be "exciting the amp" enough to really push the amp block dynamically to show off new dynamics.

again, nothing against him at all. i'm usually in his livestreams and enjoy all his videos. but i didn't hear much of a difference in the comparison, and didn't really hear what i hear from other clips in this very thread from the new amp block.

he's an outstanding player obviously, likes various gear from all brands, and won't trash talk any gear when comments beg him to do so. i like that.
It sounded like a big difference to me; I listened through headphones, so maybe that was a difference. I could hear a greater sense of dynamics, and more of a forcefulness through Cygnus; if he hadn't've said it was a loop, I'd actually have assumed it was a difference take!

It sounded like a big difference to me; I listened through headphones, so maybe that was a difference. I could hear a greater sense of dynamics, and more of a forcefulness through Cygnus; if he hadn't've said it was a loop, I'd actually have assumed it was a difference take!
Well good :) I’ll listen again.

After installation of new Beta firmware I noticed, my presets are definitelly quieter. I'm using there mainly DIZZY V4 SILVER 4 Amp.
Sound itself is definitelly better, but little problem will be, if it's final situation, that I (and probably everybody) will have to change all presets to adjust final volume :-(
Is it bug or feature ?

After installation of new Beta firmware I noticed, my presets are definitelly quieter. I'm using there mainly DIZZY V4 SILVER 4 Amp.
Sound itself is definitelly better, but little problem will be, if it's final situation, that I (and probably everybody) will have to change all presets to adjust final volume :-(
Is it bug or feature ?

Please read the first post of the Master himself:

IMPORTANT - READ ME - DON'T IGNORE - LISTEN UP CHUCKLEHEADS

1. This is BETA firmware. It is not guaranteed to be flawless and bug-free.
2. It WILL change the sound of your presets.
3. The volume levels of your presets WILL likely change.
4. There are known issues with minor popping/thumping when changing amp models/channels/scenes.
5. Not every amp model has been updated yet. Some amp models may sound completely wrong. If an amp model is not listed below there is a possibility it won't sound right.
6. There may be issues with Axe-Edit not working correctly for some amp models.
7. You MUST update Axe-Edit to the latest beta for proper operation:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...8-supports-fw-16-00-public-beta.170254/unread

IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO ACCEPT THE ABOVE LIMITIATIONS THEN YOU SHOULD NOT INSTALL THIS FIRMWARE.

Is it bug or feature ?
Increase the Level parameter in the Amp block and save and you’re set.

Is it bug or feature ?
I rised negative feedback in many presets. That got reset to factory values, so I retweak that first, then I tweak the volume. But also BMT work different now and touching master volume also allows for different sweet spots...so honestly, to get all the benefit, consider a whole retweak, not just the volume?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom