Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone clarify something for me please...?

if I want to retain the existing amp settings from 15.1 when updating to Cygnus, what’s the best way to do this? Is it just take a note of them, right click the amp and reset it, and then set them to the values written down...?

if I want to retain the existing amp settings from 15.1 when updating to Cygnus, what’s the best way to do this? Is it just take a note of them, right click the amp and reset it, and then set them to the values written down...?
The only way is to use FW15. The amps have all been entirely redone. Or do you mean specific advanced settings that may or may not have been carried over to the new algorithms?

They're all on 10 which is probably why it flew under the radar. Channel B has the JTM45 which has about 2db of dynamics. Going from D 50w Jumped to B is the most extreme, it's only 2db lol. Still it was making me think I was going deaf.
Uses York's 5153.
What am I supposed to be hearing? Preset is working fine.

Hah it's not doing it now that I am recording. If I close Reaper and just monitor spdif through the Apollo mixer it does it, repeatedly...
Not sure what is a good screen recorder app for windows at the moment.

That would definitely be worse but it won't trigger as it is now unless you're a beta tester looking for things like that by twiddling knobs.

Cameron CCV 2D - bug. Not sure if reported yet. On an existing preset added second amp to audition a few models. Loaded up Cameron CCV 2D. When I turn the Input Drive to 0 I get a massive pop that clips my system and i need to restart. I tried it again to verify. Same thing. Its very bad. Not sure if it happens to other amp models when doing this as I dont' want to keep doing this to my system....

FYI CPU usage on this preset only around 60%

Last edited:
Is
Cameron CCV 2D - bug. Not sure if reported yet. On an existing preset added second amp to audition a few models. Loaded up Cameron CCV 2D. When I turn the Input Drive to 0 I get a massive pop that clips my system and i need to restart. I tried it again to verify. Same thing. Its very bad. Not sure if it happens to other amp models when doing this as I dont' want to keep doing this to my system....

This is with the new amp in parallel right?

Here ya go:
As long as ‘Tone Control Display’ is set to IDEAL, a soft reset will keep most default values as is on the Amp block. This will save you time.
Details can be found here:

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Amp_block#Soft_reset_.28re-select.29

Bug confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom