Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 12 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Release Candidate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friedman BE V1 C45 amp does not exist in this patch. Apparently, it set all of my Friedman settings with this amp to the JS410 Crunch Red amp model. I had some really killer tones with that Friedman BE V1 C45 amp model. When I went to reset the amp model back, it simply changes back to the JS410 Crunch Red amp model. Did anyone else catch this? Any, ah, plans to square that up?
Read the NOTE in the OP.

Can someone clarify something for me please...?

if I want to retain the existing amp settings from 15.1 when updating to Cygnus, what’s the best way to do this? Is it just take a note of them, right click the amp and reset it, and then set them to the values written down...?
I'm doing this by NOT resetting the amp. You still get the new Cygnus algorithms plus you get to keep all your values. And then just save it to another preset location after that to keep it all.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but Dweezil's Bassguy has input drive, input trim and negative feedback under the Authentic tab in Axe Edit, where the amp guide mentions Bass/Treble/Input Drive.

I have access to everything under Ideal tab as to be expected.

Made a little video checking out my new (and first) Telecaster using this current firmware. Cycled through a few presets just screwing around getting to know the new guitar. Loving Cygnus! Keep up the incredible work Cliff and team!

Awesome and congrats on your first tele... a word of caution though, the tele bug will drain your finances faster than any other form of GAS!

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but Dweezil's Bassguy has input drive, input trim and negative feedback under the Authentic tab in Axe Edit, where the amp guide mentions Bass/Treble/Input Drive.

Amp Guide is from 2017. Things change or information became available later.

@FractalAudio Request: Can you have future FW (and beta) public releases not change to the default values of Speaker Drive tab upon loading new FW? In Global settings on the front panel under modeling "Update pre-11x Presets Spkr Imp. Upon Load (Yes or No). Can we have something like this for the Speaker Time Constant? Loving the flexibility of the new beta FW but once we find the values we like for certain amp/cab combos it would be nice to preserve those values. Example: If a preset has Speaker Dynamic = 1.67 and Speaker Time Constant at 2417 and FW is updated it would not change the values of existing presets. Thank you Cliff!! (apologies if this had been requested previously)

Example: If a preset has Speaker Dynamic = 1.67 and Speaker Time Constant at 2417 and FW is updated it would not change the values of existing presets.

I have not tried this yet so please excuse any ignorance on my part.

Questions-
1. If I copy and paste a preset to another location (let's say in the 400ish area) and then re-adjust it to my liking, will a firmware update change it's settings?
2. If I save the preset file in a folder "elsewhere" and then import that file into the Axe-FXIII "after" a firmware update, will it keep the original settings that I stored beforehand, or will it change its settings?

I "do" understand that If the settings stay the same but the firmware changes the tone of the preset's settings, then it does not matter what we do (except roll-back) because the original tone of the presets adjustments is changed from what it was before. That BTW and as far as I can tell with Cygnus so far- is a good thing in most cases/presets that I like/have tried.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have not tried this yet so please excuse any ignorance on my part.

Questions-
1. If I copy and paste a preset to another location (let's say in the 400ish area) and then re-adjust it to my liking, will a firmware update change it?
2. If I save the preset file in a folder "elsewhere" and then import that file into the Axe-FXIII "after" a firmware update, will it keep the original settings that I stored beforehand, or will it change its settings?

Thanks!
For question 1: Yes. A new FW has adjusted my previous beta FW to default numbers.
For question 2: I'm not sure.
When updating from beta 11 to beta 12 the new beta FW resets the existing preset values on the Speaker Drive tab to default settings (1.0 and 2000 respectively). What I'm asking is with future FW updates for these values to retain the preset values vs. the new default setting values.

@FractalAudio Request: Can you have future FW (and beta) public releases not change to the default values of Speaker Drive tab upon loading new FW? In Global settings on the front panel under modeling "Update pre-11x Presets Spkr Imp. Upon Load (Yes or No). Can we have something like this for the Speaker Time Constant? Loving the flexibility of the new beta FW but once we find the values we like for certain amp/cab combos it would be nice to preserve those values. Example: If a preset has Speaker Dynamic = 1.67 and Speaker Time Constant at 2417 and FW is updated it would not change the values of existing presets. Thank you Cliff!! (apologies if this had been requested previously)

I think this behaviour is there because Speaker Dynamics is a new implementation in FW16. So the check looks like "if preset was saved with an older Firmware then set the new default values". It does not distinguish between FW 16 betas and older releases like FW 15.01. So the behaviour is only annoying in the beta phase of FW16 because you will have to re-tweak these values after each new beta release. When upgrading from V15.01 to the final release it totally makes sense to reset these values because the old ones are not compatible with the new implementation ;)

I think this behaviour is there because Speaker Dynamics is a new implementation in FW16. So the check looks like "if preset was saved with an older Firmware then set the new default values". It does not distinguish between FW 16 betas and older releases like FW 15.01. So the behaviour is only annoying in the beta phase of FW16 because you will have to re-tweak these values after each new beta release. When upgrading from V15.01 to the final release it totally makes sense to reset these values because the old ones are not compatible with the new implementation ;)
What he said.

Agreed. I was going through presets I created from beta 11 vs. the new beta 12 and the the Speaker Drive Tab changed the beta 11 presets to default numbers which is understandable as it is a beta FW and we're all enjoying getting to test drive it. I really liked what Cliff and team did with the speaker impendence after FW11. On the Global Tab is asks if we want it to update pre 11x presets Spkr Imp. Upon Load Yes or No. I think this feature would be great as players are getting results they prefer other than the default values and I would be convenient (in my mind) not to have to update individual preferred values with new FW updates. Loving Cygnus FW!!

@FractalAudio, I'm getting a little thump switching from scene 3 to 4, which I think is from the change between the Deluxe Verb Vibrato amp to the Deluxe Tweed Jumped amp. Isn't there supposed to be a ramp down and ramp up as the modeler stabilizes? Or did I do something wrong?

Attachments

• TK Imperial MkII.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom