Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
With luck my presets are saved 😅. But yes everytime the next day it don’t sound so good . It’s weird because with my tube heads I am not tweaking them everyday, sometimes I don’t touch the settings for weeks 😅. Playing with irs it’s not the same sound hm . Sometimes it’s dark sometimes too much treble ... There is always something

The new Cygnus load screen needs to be the Fractal logo flashes on then goes black and you can see a tube start to glow then get brighter as the unit loads.
...and if an irregularity in the boot sequence is detected, the tube shorts out. :D

My problem is I find a sound I like, then load it up the next day and think it sounds like shit. Must be ear fatigue or something.
“Glad” to read this. That’s crazy . I think it never happened that I don’t redo tweaks in every playing session . Can be ear fatigue, but why my JP2c head and recto cab sounds good everytime so ? 🧐 . Probably the miced sound that blows your brain 😅

“Glad” to read this. That’s crazy . I think it never happened that I don’t redo tweaks in every playing session . Can be ear fatigue, but why my JP2c head and recto cab sounds good everytime so ? 🧐 . Probably the miced sound that blows your brain 😅
Modelers are more consistent from day to day than tube amps. If you're hearing differences every day, it's you or your environment.

The lack of deeper parameters in tube amps puts a hard limit on how much tweaking you can do. :)

My presets are simple, I don’t touch the extra things that much. One day it sound dead, one day with way too much treble ... it only happens with modelers yep. If you plug your guitar in a bassman you don’t have this. I think this is the irs that destroy the life of the sound. I understand more and more why so many people play their axe with a poweramp and cab hm. When you record it’s always “ok”. But when you are just playing guitar....it’s ok for one hour until you listen to the preset the next day 😐 .

The new Cygnus load screen needs to be the Fractal logo flashes on then goes black and you can see a tube start to glow then get brighter as the unit loads.
As the tubes start to glow, you see they spell out the Ls in "HOLY SHITBALLS"

My presets are simple, I don’t touch the extra things that much. One day it sound dead, one day with way too much treble ... it only happens with modelers yep. If you plug your guitar in a bassman you don’t have this. I think this is the irs that destroy the life of the sound. I understand more and more why so many people play their axe with a poweramp and cab hm. When you record it’s always “ok”. But when you are just playing guitar....it’s ok for one hour until you listen to the preset the next day 😐 .
The only time I touch my presets is when I install a new firmware. Every once in a while I may adjust a little B/M/T/P. But it is not very often.

I swear Cygnus gets closer every update but I'm too lazy to load up the old firmware to check.

My problem is I find a sound I like, then load it up the next day and think it sounds like shit. Must be ear fatigue or something.

Nah, it's neither ear fatigue nor due to Mud's IR theory.

It's slight variations in line AC that can only be heard on a device with and insane 114 dB S/N. Power conditioners and other "gimmicks" don't work.

The only solution I've found is an audiophile power cable (only purchasable from me, prices ranging from $2000 - $10,000, the latter model made with hemorrhoidal coloidal metaloidal composite made in my basement).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom