Axe-Fx III 16.00 Beta 11 "Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone school me on 15” speakers. Do they tend to sound more “phasey?” Always noticed it to a certain extent, but I can really hear it in this FW on - say - the Vibroverb.

Cliff, in the past nine years you've caused my ears to maybe change my main amp five or six times. I can't remember the exact order but I believe it was the Herbert and the Engl, then on to the 5153 red and next Triaxis and lastly the 5153 50w blue. Now this JP shred is most likely going to be the King! Thanks a lot Mr Tone Chaser Chase!

So things that sound and feel good to the user?

There's no hard and fast rule about how to find the perfect setting because it's subjective. EVERYONE sets their amps and guitars differently, uses different strings and picks, strums and plays differently, so how is picking the perfect sound from a modeler different?

I have about 20 presets I like. Some are cannibalized from other presets, but I tweaked them to make them my own because I didn't like how the original sounded. I don't want to sound like someone else; I might want a hint of someone else, but it's me hiding behind the guitar. So I rely on my ears to guide me.
Close your eyes and twist the knob and leave it where it sounds best ... puts a fat smile on my face every time. I spent years petrified to change things, now I'm like a kid in a knob factory :)

Cliff, in the past nine years you've caused my ears to maybe change my main amp five or six times. I can't remember the exact order but I believe it was the Herbert and the Engl, then on to the 5153 red and next Triaxis and lastly the 5153 50w blue. Now this JP shred is most likely going to be the King! Thanks a lot Mr Tone Chaser Chase!
Same here. Every once in a while I will find a new favorite for my high gain. Clean and dirt have tended to stay the same though.

Everything sound great, but i miss much lowend when i play via mesa 20/20 and engl 4x12 guitar cab....
Via Headphone it`s ok...I also rolled back to 15.1 and there is a huge difference in lowend...
are you all playing via monitor and not like an "normal" rig like me? :)
I don’t don’t how you can miss low end with a 4x12 and the 3... sure your poweramp is ok ?
Change amp in the axe , don’t know ... that not possible . You have millions of eq in the axe to boost bass . If you have 2 horizon drive and the cut button “on” or bass cut somewhere ... maybe
Post a video even if it’s hard to take this with a phone , just to have an idea

I don’t don’t how you can miss low end with a 4x12 and the 3... sure your poweramp is ok ?
Change amp in the axe , don’t know ... that not possible . You have millions of eq in the axe to boost bass . If you have 2 horizon drive and the cut button “on” or bass cut somewhere ... maybe
Post a video even if it’s hard to take this with a phone , just to have an idea
Amps with EL84s are often voiced a little light in the low end, and it's really about 17W per channel, max....

First, let me qualify my question.I don’t have the trained ear (yet) many of you have just due to lack of experience and/or I’m listening through small jbl monitors (series 3 MKII).

For those of you who play cleaner or edge of breakup type tones via one of the Fenders and/or the Class A amps, what speaker dynamics settings have you adjusted that have felt and/or sounded better?

Even through these jbl’s Cygnus sounds and feels so much better. Just asking to try to figure out what I should ll be listening for on the latest update with my untrained ear.

thx in advance.

Here are my Patches to compare.The ir i use doesent matter because it`s only via real Cab

One is 15.1 and the next i think beta 5.

I tryed my mesa and my matrix with the same result.

Always set speaker in global settings to bypass

You can roll back to 15.1 and load the preset for it and the flash mabe beta 11

oder whatever. Normaly you will notice a huge lowend drop with Cygnus.

You can dail back the lowend but it´s not the same.

Mabe i did something wrong...I need some help if i did...

But i came from Axe 2 and know a little bit how to dail in tones..

forgot to say that i don`t want to do millions of eq`s

and also tryed any reset trick and make an hole new preset from scretch

I use an OS7 with fishman abasi-set.

I hope someone will make the way and go back to 15.1 and can help me with my problem...:)

Thank you

Attachments

• 5153 Blue 15.1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 5153 Blue.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 6
Here are my Patches to compare.The ir i use doesent matter because it`s only via real Cab

I hope someone will make the way and go back to 15.1 and can help me with my problem...:)

Thank you
You may have better luck starting a new thread on your issues?

Edit: Oh, disregard, I see your earlier post now.

Last edited:

Thank you
The abasi set is not in single coil mode ? I know these questions are stupid, I am not saying you are a noob asking this , but with a 7 strings and an axe + 4x12 is not possible . I will try in the end of the week your presets but in the return of my head and cab (don’t have any poweramp)I have already done the test in the return of the head and nothing was missing . Have you tried with another guitar? and not the 5153? They are many other amps for heavy tones . Even the fas modern is big

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom