Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now i have several patches on the Ultra that have about +20-25% Damp levels, and -60-70% Presence levels. If I can only get a presence cut by turning Damp all the way off, will I be able to achieve the same effect?

I don't know. The amp models are all different enough where you want to rebuild them from the ground up. Old techniques may not work or be necessary.

I don't know. The amp models are all different enough where you want to rebuild them from the ground up. Old techniques may not work or be necessary.

Good point. As long as the Hiwatt model is still there I'll come up with something to make me happy. Now someone just needs to make an IR converter for the new 2048 format. ;)

@javajunkie

Have you got any new block-types on your firmware? I appreciate that you probably can't say what they might be but... yum?

Are there new block-types that you'd think Simeon/Fx-junkie types would be interested in?

Last edited:
Longshot I'm sure, but is there an option to run processors in the FX loop as always on (meaning without having to insert an FX block)? Running an external looper in the loop is currently problematic as you get little dropouts with every preset change.

I don't think Jay is stating that there is a JSX modeld in the Axe-fx II.

Awwwww well I think the jsx is modelled after the xxx and something else so I guess I shouldn't have freaked too much. Hell I'm pretty sure the standard can do it.

Oh I have a question. Does the headphones output have It's own volume knob or do you gotta crank up the amp levels and so forth to get it to a volume that the user would want?

Awwwww well I think the jsx is modelled after the xxx and something else so I guess I shouldn't have freaked too much. Hell I'm pretty sure the standard can do it.

Oh I have a question. Does the headphones output have It's own volume knob or do you gotta crank up the amp levels and so forth to get it to a volume that the user would want?

Headphone uses output 1 volume

Recording with the Axe II -

I know that you can't record using 2 ASIO devices simultaneously...

Is there any way to record to computer via the Axe II and another interface simultaneously (band being recorded and Axe direct)?

For MFC users: Why didn't you use a jack like this:

83503.jpg

... so that we could use robust, locking metal cable connectors like this:

24631.jpg

It is possible to retrofit? Or would that be a warranty-voider?

We'll also need a source for flexible, stranded Cat5 and connectors that work with stranded copper. Normal Cat5 network cable is stiff and spirals on the floor like a broken slinky. I don't want to be tripping over that onstage!

Didn't see this question posted earlier:

Has the tuner been redesigned in such a way that it covers more range, e.g. 6-8 octaves, so that it can handle bass guitar tuning through the higher end of the guitar range? Alternatively, is there/can there be a simple way to toggle between "bass" and "guitar" tuning ranges?

For MFC users: Why didn't you use a jack like this:

83503.jpg

Will that connector solder to a PCB? I can't find the pic of the board that Cliff posted, but IIRC, all of the rear connectors are mounted on the PCB (except maybe the XLR's?). I'd guess that the reason for not using that style of connector is because of the added steps/complexity in assembly.

I found the pic, it is here:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-general-discussion/35905-blastoff.html

It might simply be a real estate issue. There's not much room where the RJ45 jack is to put a larger one.

Last edited:
We'll also need a source for flexible, stranded Cat5 and connectors that work with stranded copper. Normal Cat5 network cable is stiff and spirals on the floor like a broken slinky. I don't want to be tripping over that onstage!

Can you just use a standard ethernet computer patch cord? They use standed wire.

Can we copy block_instanceU's parameters to block_instanceV's? (e.g.) Drive1 settings to Drive2?
Between patches?
(without Axe-Edit?)

Side note: Robboman's metal-plug Cat-5 suggestion is probably a good one too. IIRC, frequent failures of the cable were the reason they did that for the Variax guitars.

Last edited:
Didn't see this question posted earlier:

Has the tuner been redesigned in such a way that it covers more range, e.g. 6-8 octaves, so that it can handle bass guitar tuning through the higher end of the guitar range? Alternatively, is there/can there be a simple way to toggle between "bass" and "guitar" tuning ranges?

+1

Ditto for pitch tracking bass ranges for better accuracy using Pitch blocks in low ranges and the Pitch Modifier.

Will there be a manual available for download when production units become available within a few weeks?

Will there be a manual available for download when production units become available within a few weeks?

He stated earlier (in this thread or another) that the manual was in the proofing stage and will be available soon.

EDIT: thanks guitargeorge, not only are you quicker on the draw but have the documentation to back it up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom