Axe-Fx II Technical Questions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by LMO View Post
I note that there is now only one pedal jack. Does it support one pedal or two?

I didn't see a reply to that one (apologies if you did, and I missed it).

Another one that's been asked, but I didn't see a response: does Axe-FX II have a "real" spillover implementation, or is it the same as Std/Ultra?

And one more: will some of the technology in Axe-FX II be ported to Ultra (i.e. global effects)?

Bump. Inquiring minds *do* want to know.

I performed a search online concerning AES/EBU but it really didn't answer my question so I bring it here. The amplifier I am planning on getting accepts an AES/EBU signal. What are some of the advantages of using this type of signal as opposed to just the regular analog signal? Also, what is the sample rate coming from the Axe II?

I've read what Wikipedia has to say about AES/EBU and it really just shows what the standard is but even if someone can provide a link to some great information concerning this standard with comparisons to analog, I would appreciate that as well.

Last edited:
Didn't I see somewhere that the Axe II has a mem card slot or did I dream that?? if so what can we do with it besides store presets??? firmware updates? extra user cab storage? maybe a player for backing tracks????

Didn't I see somewhere that the Axe II has a mem card slot or did I dream that?? if so what can we do with it besides store presets??? firmware updates? extra user cab storage? maybe a player for backing tracks????

No memory slot

Hello Cliff,

I usually run my sessions at 96 kHz. Is it possible to record the Axe-Fx II to such a session or do I have to record at 48 kHz and then upsample/import...!?

Here is a quote from the duc forum: "The internal sample rate of the amp modeling in Eleven Rack and the Eleven PlugIn is 384kHz (or 352.8kHz at 44.1k or 88.2k)"

Is the Axe-Fx II doing this, as well (for less aliasing, etc.) or is such a high internal sample rate in your opinion not necessary?

Thank you very much!

Best regards, Kwinn from Germany

Not sure if this has been asked is says "Fully Independent OUT1, OUT 2 mono/stereo/phase controls" does this mean I could assign certain patches to Out 1 only, and other patches to Out 2 only, reason for this would be to have Out 1 sent to FOH with all distortion sounds, and Out 2 sent to FOH with all the clean patches for the engineer to be able to have more control with Eq etc.

Cliff, maybe slightly off topic, but is there enough memory left in the Axe-Fx Ultra to include an integrated 8-band EQ into the Amp block and subsequent Global Amps? Because that is honestly one of the smartest features of the Axe-Fx II I've heard about yet. Seriously, that is a fantastic idea. Personally, I literally do not make a single patch without at least a Filter block at the beginning (to simulate hot pickups), and an Amp block with an EQ block immediately after it.

Last edited:
Is it possible to toggle envelope follower and pitch detection on/off of input 2.

If so, will that ever happen? :)

Is it possible to toggle envelope follower and pitch detection on/off of input 2.

If so, will that ever happen? :)

It could be done. Don't know if it would happen though. You're probably the only person who would use something like that.

Cliff, maybe slightly off topic, but is there enough memory left in the Axe-Fx Ultra to include an integrated 8-band EQ into the Amp block and subsequent Global Amps? Because that is honestly one of the smartest features of the Axe-Fx II I've heard about yet. Seriously, that is a fantastic idea. Personally, I literally do not make a single patch without at least a Filter block at the beginning (to simulate hot pickups), and an Amp block with an EQ block immediately after it.

Nope. That's the whole problem. People wonder why there haven't been many firmware updates recently. The reason is the FLASH is nearly full. I've run out of tricks to find more memory. I'm reserving what little is left for amp models.

is there a reason pre amp models have been left off the new one (hair, metal)? others? (ps please for all the gain heads answer the one about gain drives same better more ?)

Hi Cliff
new unit looks amazing!

Just 2 questions

1.There has been a few users trying to get adrenalinn sounds but couldn't with only 16 steps in the sequencer, wondering if the new sequencer has more than 16 steps (32?)

2. Seems all reamping must be done at 48K? Correct?

can't wait to get one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom