Axe-Fx II Sighting

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
I was flipping through the channels last night and on PBS was "Brit Floyd at Red Rocks". My wife suddenly says "Hey, I think he's using an Axe-Fx". Sure enough, the next time the camera panned we could see it in the rack.

That's awesome, but really... The Axe Fx is so ridiculously the perfect tool for a gig like that. I would be surprised to se anything else.

Now you just need to get one in to the hands of the man himself; Dave Gilmour. :)

#1 at the very top of my bucket list.

Play my Axe-Fx at red rocks.

No kidding. Admittedly I'm not the musical spring in any band when it comes to composing but I could play covers all day. So my first thought was "Wow... I could play covers of my favorite band(s) and land gigs like that?".

I saw these guys a couple of years ago and the lead guitar player was using a tiny Fender amp, maybe a Blues Jr or something that size.... and of course a huge pedal board. They were great and suprising funny with their banter.

Cheers, Mike

Excuse me for stating the obvious, but ................... what else would they use?

Oh I don't know.... Tube Driver, Rams Head Muff, CE-2 Chorus, Yamaha rotating speakers, Dyna-comp, several GE-7 EQ's, HiWatts, Bunch of Pete Cornish gear....... =)

Granted I found it was far easier (and saved me a ton of money) just buying the Axe rather than keep trying to chase Gilmour's various pedals over the years...

Cool,
I'd like to see Jeff Beck play an axe. He's a pretty cool guy and I think he can still show us a thing or two.

And, ahh, yeah. Okay. Did I post in the right thread?:geek

You know, Zippo lighters have a list of all the movies or TV series in which a Zippo lighter was used. You can read it in their website. Maybe FAS could do something like that, but with notable Axe-fx users or bands.

#1 at the very top of my bucket list.

Play my Axe-Fx at red rocks.

I have ;).

Actually it was before the show with Tedge's Standard when his U2 tribute band, "Under a Blood Red Sky", played at Red Rocks a few years back. They were playing to a sold out crowd. Pretty cool.

Saw this exact concert. They really did an outstanding job. I've seen quite a few pink floyd cover bands, the Brit Floyd by far came closest to the real thing!!

Back
Top Bottom