Axe Fx II Shipping Date....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool. Just a little glimpse into the process. Is every board tested in the AOI?

100% AOI “automated optical inspection” 100% DSP / BGA x-ray inspection along with side view ERSA scope inspection. This is performed on all Fractal units with digital pictures of the inspection archived, by serial number, to ensure product integrity and accountability.

100% AOI “automated optical inspection” 100% DSP / BGA x-ray inspection along with side view ERSA scope inspection. This is performed on all Fractal units with digital pictures of the inspection archived, by serial number, to ensure product integrity and accountability.
OMG Liam's here! Yea baby!!!

I've used advanced circuits. The turn around wasn't bad 2 weeks unless you opt for express. They check your design for errors if they are small like, routing errors they will fix it for you if not they will tell you what needs to be fixed. I've been very happy with their service so far..

OMG Liam's here! Yea baby!!!

We specialize in only “cool” technologies. And Fractal is one of the coolest things we have had the privilege to produce. However, not 1 unit leaves without Cliff’s personal approval. We have units on Mars, the International Space Station, Apache Radar Units and Bio-metric shirts “seal team 6” project. But the AXE FX II is by far the best designed, best laid out, and one of the most exciting projects we have been a part of since the inception of the standard and ultra units!!!

Last edited:
We specialize in only “cool” technologies. And Fractal is one of the coolest things we have had the privilege to produce. However, not 1 unit leaves without Cliff’s personal approval. We have units on Mars, the Internal Space Station, Apache Radar Units and Bio-metric shirts “seal team 6” project. But the AXE FX II is by far the best designed, best laid out, and one of the most exciting projects we have been a part of since the inception of the standard and ultra units!!!

First off, Welcome aboard! :D

After reading this, I said to myself "Wha... Fractal has sold AxeFx's to people on Mars?" then it dawned on me, that you may work for Advanced Circuits. So Liam, reveal yourself... haha

First off, Welcome aboard! :D

After reading this, I said to myself "Wha... Fractal has sold AxeFx's to people on Mars?" then it dawned on me, that you may work for Advanced Circuits. So Liam, reveal yourself... haha

Thanks for the "welcome" !!!

I have 16 years experience in the raw board field (rigid, flex and rigid flex). I do not work for Advance Circuits, "a good board house however" I then moved onto the assembly process (just a little over 10 years) Now my primary focus is Fractal Audio products and Cliff's customer base.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Liam! As an Industrial Engineer I find these kind of things interesting. And welcome to the boards.

Thanks Much!!!! We have been hard at work getting ready for this launch. Installing new ESD flooring (2,300 sq ft), procuring new lead free equipment (got to keep it green) upgrading software for the pick and place equipment, visual aids and AOI, new reflow oven and a new wash line to make this happen. FAS have been a great supporter of this effort to ensure his customers gets the high quality products they deserve.

Installing new ESD flooring (2,300 sq ft), procuring new lead free equipment (got to keep it green) upgrading software for the pick and place equipment, visual aids and AOI, new reflow oven and a new wash line to make this happen. FAS have been a great supporter of this effort to ensure his customers gets the high quality products they deserve.

Wow! This sounds like a huge upgrade to the workshop. The EDS flooring alone must have cost of ton of cash! I bought some for my lab and only needed about 100 sq ft. I thought my boss was going to have a heart attack when he got the bill. Money well spent though as static is a killer and can drastically shorten the shelf life of components, especially high end FPGA/DSP’s and such..Love to see some more pics if the labs. Makes me want to get back into production.

Wow! Thanks for even more details, Liam. And welcome to the forum! What's the typical volume of units you can produce in a day?

I feel spoiled. Not only does Cliff design top of the line products, but we actually get to see and talk to the people who see the building process all the way through. It reminds me of the family vibe over at PRS.

I feel spoiled. Not only does Cliff design top of the line products, but we actually get to see and talk to the people who see the building process all the way through. It reminds me of the family vibe over at PRS.

And people still complain/bust the guys nuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom