Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Firmware Release

Front panel has to be displaying the amp block edit menu. (Reset won't occur if you're just at layout/grid menu with amp block highlighted.)
So you mean to tell me those "changes" I heard were just the placebo effect? Daaaaaamn youuuuuu Cliff!!!!! :D

Awesome Cliff - Blackglass is indeed appropriate for Halloween. :smilingimp:

Tis the season to riff some Tony Levin I guess - can I do that on a piccolo bass?

Question: I'm 4 FWs behind Q9, aside from being built for a new FW, are the actual factory presets all different? Some removed, new ones added or all the above? Just curious because I really enjoy some of the factory presets now that i got them sounding good.

Question: I'm 4 FWs behind Q9, aside from being built for a new FW, are the actual factory presets all different? Some removed, new ones added or all the above? Just curious because I really enjoy some of the factory presets now that i got them sounding good.
Some are added, some removed, most of them are still there.

Back up the ones you want to keep. You should be doing that anyway.. ;)

I've already used the beta version and really love the speaker comp and BBD / MM improvements.

It's great to see the B7k included and the drive model has the same character as the pedal and you can get a similar tone.
What I did notice is that you can't get the same drive and lows without the grunt switch engaged. Low cut at minimum and bass on max don't deliver the same low end push and aggression as the B7k itself.
Also somehow the blend behaves a little different than the mix on the Axe Fx. The balance between clean and dirt is different on the pedal itself.
My input is all for the benefit of improvement of course.

Last edited:
What I did notice is that you can't get the same drive and lows without the grunt switch engaged.
Low cut at minimum and bass on max don't deliver the same low end push and aggression as the B7k itself.
Also somehow the blend behaves a little different than the mix on the Axe Fx. The balance between clean and dirt is different on the pedal itself.
My input is all for the benefit of improvement of course.

Yes,we need to have LOW CUT at minimum.. and bass on full (12) to have a good bass sound. That is a bit wierd ??

I would love to have a few models of the b7k pedal.
At least a "in the Middle" model..(like the one we have now
A Attack model and a Grunt model. On the real b7k,i use Attack on and Grunt on

But here is a preset to have some fun with :)
2 scenes
Use the GEQ block to "boost" the level into the b7k block if you need more drive.
In the GEQ block you can add LOW..and LMID a bit ..lower HMID.. and you have another tone.
I like it

Attachments

• DG B7K Model-SeeD Fw Q 9.00 Sc+2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Perfect timing, had some hours to tweak at higher volumes today (family off the house).
I didn't like 9.00b at first since it changed some of my main sounds and my banks need to get balanced again, things like that, so I've stayed on 8.02 until now.

Now, after some hours of fooling around with some settings and up- and downgrading a few times I finally decided that this update is way worth some work on my side. So I started today.

Big thanx to FAS!

Back
Top Bottom