Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a simple change for me. For me personally:

-Nuked any speaker drive (zero).
-Removed all de-phase (zero).
-Moved the new params to 3...to taste. Some amps liked more, but I wanted to retain dynamics so never got more than 3-4.5.
-Added a bit of amp comp if there was some brittle (very little needed.)

YMMV.
That intrigued me. I don't do a lot of tweaking of things like Output Comp, which I assume is what you mean.

-Moved the new params to 3...to taste. Some amps liked more, but I wanted to retain dynamics so never got more than 3-4.5.

YMMV.
You don´t do any amp resetting? Do you change time const or use the default value 100msec?

YMMV.

Interesting you turned de-phase to zero...this is the one param I miss on the AX8.

I only ever went between 2 settings on the rotary switch with my dc-30 clone. It was either 3, 4 or 5 I think. The two extreme settings weren't very usable for me. I'd be happy with only the middle 3 or 4 settings personally. Don't know what others think. But I would also love the EF86 channel to be modelled. I still miss my DC-30 at times, and the normal channel just doesn't do it.
I totally agree. The outer most settings on tone knob was not very usable but the center 3, oh yea. I would add the DC-30 back into my arsenal if that were the case. Its pretty good on the existing but I do miss the other channel.

Bah, getting the timeout issues again on mac. Happens when using the Axe MkII as an audio interface with axe edit open, no MFC connected, have to force quit Axe Edit and reboot the Axe.

On the plus side though, the Memory Man model sounds glorious, now I know what's been missing from my very early U2 sounds.

Bah, getting the timeout issues again on mac. Happens when using the Axe MkII as an audio interface with axe edit open, no MFC connected, have to force quit Axe Edit and reboot the Axe.

On the plus side though, the Memory Man model sounds glorious, now I know what's been missing from my very early U2 sounds.

Mate, can you try this: MAC --> USB -->AxeFX. Use only the Axe-Edit and nothing else (No VLC no QuickTime) nothing. Play and make changes to a preset with Axe-Edit. I've been playing in the last 3 days for an average of 3 hours w/o a glitch. I'd like to know if there's a pattern.

Haven't downloaded this yet, I wanna wait for the full release. Hoping it comes out soon I wanna use the B7K model on a recording!!! Fingers crossed its done soon

Just wanted to say, FWIW, with the beta I have been having less time out issues with Axe-Edit but it is still happening. It used to happen within 5-10 minutes of use and now its much longer before it craps out, so something was changed for sure. I know this is still just a beta and a new version of Axe edit may be on the way as well, but figured I'd add it in here to say I'm getting the same issues also.

...with the beta I have been having less time out issues with Axe-Edit but it is still happening.

FWIW I've not had any timeouts using the AFX II Mark I and v9 beta with AxeEdit current version. I've got several hours in with that combination, tweaking existing presets, resetting blocks, adding new blocks, creating fresh new ones, etc. I also didn't have any issues with v8.02 but didn't use AxeEdit/v8.02/AFX II rack a lot as I've been using the AX8 mainly for a few months. Just adding this info as a data point.

Windows 10, USB connected right to the PC (no hub, etc.), USB drivers were loaded to this PC August 2016 when it was brand new and never uninstalled/reinstalled. I've bounced between AxeEdit, FractalBot, and Cab-Lab 3 (uploading IR's), USB audio running thru the II rack, without any problems in a single session (a couple of hours long). I also never had any other audio programs/DAW software running during my sessions.

Last edited:
FWIW I've not had any timeouts using the AFX II Mark I and v9 beta with AxeEdit current version. I've got several hours in with that combination, tweaking existing presets, resetting blocks, adding new blocks, creating fresh new ones, etc. I also didn't have any issues with v8.02 but didn't use AxeEdit/v8.02/AFX II rack a lot as I've been using the AX8 mainly for a few months. Just adding this info as a data point.

Windows 10, USB connected right to the PC (no hub, etc.), USB drivers were loaded to this PC August 2016 when it was brand new and never uninstalled/reinstalled. I've bounced between AxeEdit, FractalBot, and Cab-Lab 3 (uploading IR's), USB audio running thru the II rack, without any problems in a single session (a couple of hours long). I also never had any other audio programs/DAW software running during my sessions.
Same here. No issues whatever, and in addition to using Fractal Bot and Axe Edit and Fractool simultaneously (which is usually an accident, but doesn't seem to hurt anyone). But I'm not using the Axe FX II as a soundcard. I

FWIW I've not had any timeouts using the AFX II Mark I and v9 beta with AxeEdit current version. I've got several hours in with that combination...... I also never had any other audio programs/DAW software running during my sessions.

So you're not using it as a soundcard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom