Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 9.00 Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the time out issue is on both ends? Just because it's fixed in firmware, doesn't mean it's fixed in Axe Edit. Axe edit still needs an update... just brainstorming.

Cliff and FAS, thank you for your continued pursuit of perfection in amp modeling... Two thumbs way up. Q8.02 you were an awesome revision, so long and farewell! Loving Q9

I've never have problem last 5 years, serveral PCs and both AxeFX II Mark I and XL+
My Axe-Edit crash "bug" began from Q7 if I remember right.

I have Windows 10 (1703 build 15063.632) and I gave this a new try today:
- I've uninstalled all fractal softwares/drivers, cleaned up registry & reboot
- Reinstalled USB drivers/Axe-Edit/Fractal-Bot.
- Change to a new USB-cable, tried all USB-ports
- Tried to launch Axe-Edit in compatible mode, run as admin

.. still crashes
To reproduce I just have to click "refresh after new firmware" or save to new preset.
Why I believe it's a software issue is that AxeLive/FracTool and Fractal-Bot works perfectly.
Both axe fx have this problem at your side? So not only mark 1?

I'd love to see Fender Hot Rod Deville ML 212. Had a chance to try that amp for a while, and it was fantastic. I found that it worked with pedals really well compared to some of the other Fender amps I've tried.

I've had AXE Edit, AX8 Edit, and my DAW (Sonar Producer) all up at the same time with the new FW for about 12 hours without a glitch or communication issue. No luck reproducing anything so far on Win 7 x64
are you using the Axe as your audio interface? seems to mostly happen in that scenario. cross platform, cross OS.

I'd love to see Fender Hot Rod Deville ML 212. Had a chance to try that amp for a while, and it was fantastic. I found that it worked with pedals really well compared to some of the other Fender amps I've tried.

Yeah! For me any of hot rod series... deville or deluxe or ML.

I'm a big fan as well. In lieu of an actual model, I bet you can get close with a Dual Verb with Celestion V-Type irs. I think the V-Types are a huge part of the sound, but I don't think Celestion offers those yet. Make your own if you can.

are you using the Axe as your audio interface? seems to mostly happen in that scenario. cross platform, cross OS.
I have never had any timeout issues whatsoever with Axe Edit, but I am only running my Axe FX II through Axe Edit using a Mac, but I am using a Rocktron Midi Raider for a Pedalboard instead of the MFC-101!

- I've uninstalled all fractal softwares/drivers, cleaned up registry & reboot
- Reinstalled USB drivers/Axe-Edit/Fractal-Bot.
I'm always wondering, what is this supposed to change? Software is data stored on memory. All files are already in the installer and just copied to the harddisk.
What did you use to "clean[...] the registry"? Something like CCleaner? Don't use such bullshit software!
- Change to a new USB-cable, tried all USB-ports
This is reasonable and should always be the first thing to try out!

That was Cliff said. Only Mark I/II' user are affected…but i think you Moke said that it could be an issue when using the Axe as an audio interface. Well, I've been experimenting with VLC and Quicktime and always had Timeout issue. Random as usual. Could be after 5 minutes or after 30 minutes but it would happen eventually. Yesterday I played for 3 hours straight w/o glitches but didn't use either of the audio programs.
If someone else could try…. ?
Are there people who are having the error, who are not actively using the axe as an interface, but have a certain setting on the audio tab of the I/O page? USB Buffer size, or ? Or a setting on the MIDI tab of USB adapter mode ON? Just shooting like Ted Nugent.

Just spent the afternoon playing around with Q9b. The speaker compression is sounding really good! There seems to be a bit more high-end sizzle, or something like that. It's nice.

As far as timeouts etc go, no issues for me. I'm running Axe Edit in Linux (Ubuntu 16.04) through Wine. Using Axe-Edit and audio-pass through, rock solid for the last 5 hours. I've got an Axe FX Mark II.

Outstanding. In love with the recommendations you gave using the Plexi 6550. Can’t stop playing, my best Greg Howe-esque tones ever.

I pretty much stay high gain but last night I was showing my son the older amps in the Axe and the speaker comp and I chose the 1959SLP treble, holy cow! Has this amp always been this good?!?!?! Had the speaker comp on 4.12 I think, it was amazingly good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom