Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.02 Firmware Release

Frankly, I've enjoyed this hiatus. Been nice to not to have to plan time to download, upload, recheck and adjust presets. Had more time to just play and enjoy this already fine sounding unit. :)

RR

I agree. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing new firmware updates and getting some new amps, etc. but I found myself chasing the next firmware update. I enjoy this amp so much that whether I have updates or not, still a blast!

Count me as another that has enjoyed just playing this amazing piece of gear. I love firmware updates, but adjusting amps and presets after them can sometimes be fairly time consuming. It is fun to just plug in and play.

That being said, I'm going to be just as excited the next time a new firmware comes out as in the past.

DON'T YOU QUIT ON ME! LIVE DAMN YOU!!

EfrBJZR.jpg

Seriously though I would pay $499 for a pocket pod sized Axe-FX thing. Something small, lightweight and gig-baggable for the hotel room to go along with the laptop, for writing or whatever where I don't need my rig (rack and pedal board). If it could do one amp, one cab, reverb and some other effects with and instrument in, stereo headphone out and USB I'd be there.

No IA switches, no expression pedals, no SPDIF/AES, no MIDI. Just super stripped-down, room for like 50 IR's and a few banks. A screen and enough buttons to navigate the same way as the front panel of my Axe-FX II (since there would be an obvious Axe-Edit to go along with it, given its purpose).

A baby black box of domination.

Guys, have fun, but no more 'Wish List' items. Forum for that... Lots of 'I want <insert Bass/amp/new thing> stuff here, but let's try to keep in task here.

I know in this interim FAS has sort of cut off the supply of oxygen to that continual need. Play yer banjyo's and revel.

Guys, have fun, but no more 'Wish List' items. Forum for that... Lots of 'I want <insert Bass/amp/new thing> stuff here, but let's try to keep in task here.

I know in this interim FAS has sort of cut off the supply of oxygen to that continual need. Play yer banjyo's and revel.
I think we need a new task!

I suppose there's lots of names it could be called:

The Axe Fuego Grande [it burns the competition] or the Axe TNT [it blows the competition] away, etc, etc.

Maybe to keep ourselves amused, we can come up with silly names for a future Axe.

Hey cliff! How about a new firmware update? Too busy working on new product? Come on man! Just kidding, don't BANHAMMER ME!!! :eek::D

Back
Top Bottom