Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.01 Firmware Release & New Bank A Presets

I just can't get over how good the fender amps have become over the last few updates.

Indeed sir....

I stopped in the local GC the other day and they had a DRRI just sitting there, left turned on, so I grabbed a nice strat off the wall, plugged in and gave it a little playtime, since its an amp I used to own and enjoyed. Sounded good, but also sounded exactly like my Axe-Fx

Sometimes memory of amps comes off as a bit sweeter sounding than they were in reality. I think that for most any amp in the axe if it was a/b'd against a hardware unit the user would have a tough time telling them apart.

Indeed sir....

I stopped in the local GC the other day and they had a DRRI just sitting there, left turned on, so I grabbed a nice strat off the wall, plugged in and gave it a little playtime, since its an amp I used to own and enjoyed. Sounded good, but also sounded exactly like my Axe-Fx

Sometimes memory of amps comes off as a bit sweeter sounding than they were in reality. I think that for most any amp in the axe if it was a/b'd against a hardware unit the user would have a tough time telling them apart.

The Deluxe Reverb in the Axe Fx sounds better than my actual Deluxe Reverb.
It surpassed it roundabout Firmware 18, if I remember right XD

The Deluxe Reverb in the Axe Fx sounds better than my actual Deluxe Reverb.
It surpassed it roundabout Firmware 18, if I remember right XD
Spend about $450 with a great Fender tech and you will get that old amp up to par for the first 30 minutes until it gets too hot.

Getting ready to load up 8.01 and it's kind of bitter sweet. My tendinitis is flaring up from 8.00 and I have a feeling it's going to be a pain and pleasure sort of night. How do you guys that have this condition get through it? I'm not actually sure if that's what I have but my tendons in my wrist and forearm hurt along with my wrist bone and pinky. My wrist pops and my hand is a little weak but no numb or tingling fingers so I don't think its carpal. Anyway going to go try 8.01, thanks!

Getting ready to load up 8.01 and it's kind of bitter sweet. My tendinitis is flaring up from 8.00 and I have a feeling it's going to be a pain and pleasure sort of night. How do you guys that have this condition get through it? I'm not actually sure if that's what I have but my tendons in my wrist and forearm hurt along with my wrist bone and pinky. My wrist pops and my hand is a little weak but no numb or tingling fingers so I don't think its carpal. Anyway going to go try 8.01, thanks!
Lay off the computer for a while?

I'm impressed by different amps with this update. The Friedman's are suddenly interesting, and the Recto's are really opened up. The Fenders are still stellar, and suddenly the Vox's are amazing. This is just fun. I mean, it's such a great tool for us, but doesn't it just make you giggle when you scroll through? We dreamed of owning this arsenal years ago. Thanks to Cliff and crew I've landed so many gigs in so many varieties of genre's and always sound great (whether I played great or not).

:)

It must take an exorbitant amount of time to rework entire preset banks (especially since Poltergiest Pig must be put through an exorcism each time his bank is checked, right? Okay, not funny, I know...) . I have the next couple of days off, so I plan to check up on the preset banks about 50 times during this period. Its pointless to just randomly log onto the forum, and I still haven't created a program that will read me Cliff's posts as he makes them. So lets see, I've got my time calculator out. I think I'll use some very large fractals, and strike pay dirt at around a ratio of 144:89, from the time of the release of Bank A. Or I could just watch Ghost Busters back to back and log 48 times for Rick Moranis to ask the horse a very important question.

FAS usually releases it here before the main page.
I did check. The XL+ release for 8.01 wasn't there, so I wasn't sure if each bank wouldn't roll out here first. But you're right, probably everything else will appear there now. I agree.

Last edited:
Really, really not sure why no one has posted these yet (maybe I missed the post?), whether @FractalAudio himself or any of the thousands of people with FracTool, but, here are the new presets for non-XL+ systems:

New presets for:
AxeFX II XL (non-plus): https://forum.fractalaudio.com/atta...8/?temp_hash=e3ec8700b70377ec97af00144ed48621

AxeFX II (non-XL, non-plus): https://forum.fractalaudio.com/atta...9/?temp_hash=e3ec8700b70377ec97af00144ed48621

NOTE: Use at your own risk! The XL non-plus worked for me, but I couldn't test the other one as I only own an AxeFX II XL non-plus.

Many than's to you too man. ;)

Back
Top Bottom