Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 8.01 Firmware Release & New Bank A Presets

All types in the Compressor block now support both Filter and Emph parameters. These parameters control the detector filtering. Filter is a low-cut filter and Emph is a high-frequency emphasis. These parameters can be used to tailor the response of the various compressor types to different material.

Fixed minor bug in Amp block output transformer modeling which caused slight attenuation of upper treble frequencies. This results in clearer, more chimey tones.

Fixed mistake in “Citrus RV50” amp model.

Just curious..... will the comp blocks maintain the same gain structure in existing presets with the new parameter at default? Or will they need to be re-tweaked again?

This release and these presets. Holy Cow...
This is the first time in all the updates I've done where everything is literally sounding like what I remembered with these amps and cabs.
As I started previewing the presets I immediately was set back by how each new preset worked with the guitar perfectly.
I loved the unit but this was not the case when I first bought it. Re-doing the first bank of presets probably did it for me.
I'm losing it right now! :)
A huge thank you and congratulations to fractal audio...this is nothing short of incredible. You should be proud...dammit!

P.S. Now I'm particularly glad I went with the jbl srx812's...because hearing the cabs change on the fly now is fascinating...and ultimately powerful.

Last edited:
Ooooh...filter and emphasis parameters in all compressors!

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom