Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release

Man that amp has really caught my attention with this latest FW as well.. and using the stock VK 3x10 cab with it no less. I've used those amps in the past, so I'm familiar with the actual amp as well. Really sounding/feeling good now. Not sure how long it's been since I tried them in the Axe though.. maybe they were improved a few FWs ago..
The stock 3x10 is an underappreciated box.

Last edited:
I consider his posts the equivalent of putting on some Zappa music, and listening to the lyrics instead of the guitar (for a change).

Yeah, remember Tinsel Town rebellion with GEorge Duke on the keyboards if my memory serves me right?

Yeah, Frank sure was a subtle innuendo kinda guy, wasn't he (love all the song references in here)...

yes he was, always "tongue in the cheek"... thanks for the video link - I would kill for a timewarp see them live doing this funny shit on stage while serious playing. And I remeber when he asked a girl to step on the stage and do some expressive weird dancing to the keyboard solo of George D. - epic! But that was another record - "You cant do that on stage anymore" or so?

Last edited:
After spending many hours with Q7.02 I can say that this is my favorite of all the AxeFX updates released. Every amp feels 'right' - feels the way a tube amp does under my fingers. I'll leave my remarks at this for a bit.

Thank you Cliff for your time and efforts! Both are very much appreciated. :)

Back to playing!

Why does he need a "take"? He may be like me and be interested in reading about the topic without need to add to it.

Just because he asked (as others have) to keep the thread on topic doesn't mean he needs to add to it.
True, but I think marcor66 was just being funny as this thread is unfortunately running out of steam.

This really shouldn't have to be said over and over again but can we PLEASE keep the discussion here on topic? With that topic being what it says at the top of the page? "Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.02 Firmware Release"? Thanks!!!!

Given that your new here and maybe this is your first go around at a new firmware (and the massive threads a new FW always produce), but for the regulars around here its something we've been through a few dozen times (which is cool of course owning a product that continually gets updated... I started with FW5 or 6 on mine) so threads like these quickly lose steam and there really isn't much more to say.

This thread was adding a few pages each and every day, but now its a few posts every day or so, in other words, its pretty dead around here, so anything to liven things up, until the next major announcement from Cliff is welcome by me.

If you don't like it, you can always make use of the ignore function, or stop participating on the forum and find one that follows your self-imposed rules better ....

Back
Top Bottom