Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

Speaking of compressors: the Comp Nova T-Rex Dynamic Compressor is one cool piece of gadget. I still own one and was not able to replicate its behaviour with the AxeFx yet. Maybe this is about to change?

I'm so happy with the new modeling that I've removed the old algorithms to make space for new stuff. I had just finished a new optical compressor algorithm but it wouldn't fit into memory. Now it can. Sounds like an LA-2A (but maybe better).
The best couple hundred amp tones PLUS an LA2A in the same 2U rack? What has this world come to???
Axe-Fx II XL = Best gear purchase of my life!

Hey guys.
I hope this helps some of you. I loaded the newest factory banks a, b and c presets then reset the amp blocks and then saved each preset. I tried to upload here but keep getting an error. I tried the .sys files then tried .zip files but neither worked. Help in uploading would be appreciated.

I just tried using your presets. I did "erase all presets" first in the utility menu, then used Fractal-Bot to load your files. And I am seeing something I don't quite understand. Basically, if I go to preset 138 "Brit 800" and look at the amp block, and then hit CTRL+I to "Reset Current Effect Type", the values change from what your preset had them set to. But I thought the whole point of the files you uploaded were that all the blocks were already reset. So what am I not understanding here?

Thanks!

I just tried using your presets. I did "erase all presets" first in the utility menu, then used Fractal-Bot to load your files. And I am seeing something I don't quite understand. Basically, if I go to preset 138 "Brit 800" and look at the amp block, and then hit CTRL+I to "Reset Current Effect Type", the values change from what your preset had them set to. But I thought the whole point of the files you uploaded were that all the blocks were already reset. So what am I not understanding here ?

Thanks!
Hey DigiSage
My preset #'138 is Orient Express
Class-A 30W TB

Hey DigiSage
My preset #'138 is Orient Express
Class-A 30W TB
Err, sorry, ignore my preset numbering, I have all factory preset shifted forward a bank (B, C, D) so I can put my own presets in bank A for easy MFC use. Look at the "Brit 800" preset.

So, my original question still stands: why does CTRL+I put different values in if the blocks were supposedly already reset by @ericar?

V30s have never been my preferred speakers, but cab #149 (MESA 4x12 Traditional with 60w V30s) may change that. What a great cab.

I used to think that about V30s, but my recent purchase of a Mesa 2X12 with UK V30s has blown my mind!!! So far we have tested 7 amps with it and all of them sounded amazing thru it.

Next week we will have another Mesa Cab and we will try the 4X12 Any Timmons thing (staking 2 2X12).

It's not an "LA-2A" but it can sound like one. It's a generic optical compressor that can be adjusted to sound like a variety of compressors. It has adjustable attack, release and compression.
I believe one of Neale Heywood's (long time Fleetwood Mac sideman) favorite pedals is his home-made optical compressor. I remember him telling me how integral it was for his solo and rhythm work. Definitely not something to underestimate or overlook, even with Quantum's awesome dynamics mojo.

Last edited:
Err, sorry, ignore my preset numbering, I have all factory preset shifted forward a bank (B, C, D) so I can put my own presets in bank A for easy MFC use. Look at the "Brit 800" preset.

So, my original question still stands: why does CTRL+I put different values in if the blocks were supposedly already reset by @ericar?
I think that resets the amp block - i.e. it sets everything back to default values (gain/bass/mid/treb all at 12 oclock etc)
As opposed to 'reloading' the amp (switching to another amp type then back again - which resets the advanced parameters for the new modelling but leaves most settings the same

I just tried using your presets. I did "erase all presets" first in the utility menu, then used Fractal-Bot to load your files. And I am seeing something I don't quite understand. Basically, if I go to preset 138 "Brit 800" and look at the amp block, and then hit CTRL+I to "Reset Current Effect Type", the values change from what your preset had them set to. But I thought the whole point of the files you uploaded were that all the blocks were already reset. So what am I not understanding here?

Thanks!
All I did was change to the next amp and then change back to the original amp. This is what I thought was supposed to be done. I don't think we were supposed to reset current effect. Can anyone else confirm this?

Hmmm my short review of v7 is that I really, really love it's knock and percussive nature with rich, creamy distortion/crunch/compression.

Raise the "Negative Feedback" in small increments to make an amp hammer like Ali. Love the punch and dynamics of v7 for sure...

V30s have never been my preferred speakers, but cab #149 (MESA 4x12 Traditional with 60w V30s) may change that. What a great cab.
Is this cab available via a Cab Pack? Cause I have an AXEFX II Mark II and my Factory Preset numbers don't go that far. Thanks

I used to think that about V30s, but my recent purchase of a Mesa 2X12 with UK V30s has blown my mind!!! So far we have tested 7 amps with it and all of them sounded amazing thru it.

Next week we will have another Mesa Cab and we will try the 4X12 Any Timmons thing (staking 2 2X12).
I have never been into V30s either, but this Marshall ModeFour cab is one of my new favourites. It works well with many different tones. Of course, itis massive for anything heavy https://www.cabir.eu/en/uk-collecti...se-cab-ir-library-marshall-mr-mode4v30mf.html

I used to own two Marshall Mode Four cabs and they sounded absolutely huge. The V30 speakers in them were especially made to make use of the extra volume of the oversized cab. Instant wall of sound that gave you a big knock in the stomach.
Sold them year before last though when I went FRFR with the Axe.

I used to own two Marshall Mode Four cabs and they sounded absolutely huge. The V30 speakers in them were especially made to make use of the extra volume of the oversized cab. Instant wall of sound that gave you a big knock in the stomach.
Sold them year before last though when I went FRFR with the Axe.

Say what's up Doc, which FRFR? just curious as a V30 user here ... thx!

I love this FW!!! Brit 800 Santiago is insanely good! I played for hours last night...old VH catalogue stuff. Even my girlfriend was commenting how awesome it was sounding and she hears me rave after each FW..so that's sayin a lot.

I appreciate having access to the advanced parameters and I consider myself reasonably intelligent but a lot of times I felt like a monkey in a rocketship messing around with buttons and dials. It's nice to pull up an amp and just change the basic settings to taste and have it sound amazing

Say what's up Doc, which FRFR? just curious as a V30 user here ... thx!

I'm using 2 QSC K12 for large stages and 2 dB M12-4 Plus for smaller ones.
With a good cab-ir they deliver the sound of the MF cabs allright, however the sound pressure of 2 4x12 MF cabs is naturally missing, but that was expected. FRFR gives me the means to use acoustic guitar simulations though which was the decisive factor to go FRFR. All in all I'm quite happy with my setup when playing in my top40 band - not having to lug large cabs around any more helped a lot! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom