Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 7.00 Firmware Release

Hi - installed the new firmware and the newest Axe edit version.
Can't find the new amp models (i.e. Dirty Shirley 2/Brit800 #34) on Axe Edit - what am I doing wrong?

Don't get me wrong, I really like what the Q7 did to the characteristics of certain amps in the Axe, but has anyone else got problems with their clean presets, that are no way near clean after the FW update?

EDIT ...also, I think that some of the more ambient like sound went more boomy so that I have to apply a global EQ below 130Hz

Depends of what you call clean but no, I have a lot of clean fender presets and there are even a little bit cleaner (although it's very subtle). Check you master volume settings maybe. Also the speaker drive is now at 0.5 by default , doesn't change that much but you can try to put it back at 0 to see if you hear a difference.

Hi all

when I was diving across diffrents amps I found some issues with FAS HotR, FAS Wreck, FAS Thordendal, FAS Crunch, etc. with very weird behavior:
- some very bassy, others with a hollow sound, no "tone texture"
- other amps were clipping, while there were ok the days before (??:confused:)
- other amps were so loud I have to dial level down to -40db (I'm around -20/-25 db average across my presets)

=> all in all, sounds like a "gain structure" issue...

So:
- went back to 7b2, "update block def" with AE, "system reset" on axe panel, reset presets (Ctl+I on amp block) one by one to test: everything was fine again, with right tones back
- re-DL fw7, instal again, + "update block def" with AE, "system reset" on axe panel, reset presets
- evrything is now right, all the amp textures are right back !

May be some issues from a wrong calculation, based on a bad Dled FW ? don't know, now it's great.
will pay attention in the coming days if any weird issues come back (hope not !!)

Don't get me wrong, I really like what the Q7 did to the characteristics of certain amps in the Axe, but has anyone else got problems with their clean presets, that are no way near clean after the FW update?

EDIT ...also, I think that some of the more ambient like sound went more boomy so that I have to apply a global EQ below 130Hz
No on #1. Yes on #2 & solved through any or all of the following: different cab or cab proximity on same cab, amp GEQ, bass & mid knobs.

What like w "problem" #2 is now there's option for low end that is rhythmic/kinetic/bouncy or you can dial it out for a busy, frequency constrained mix.

Hi all

when I was diving across diffrents amps I found some issues with FAS HotR, FAS Wreck, FAS Thordendal, FAS Crunch, etc. with very weird behavior:
- some very bassy, others with a hollow sound, no "tone texture"
- other amps were clipping, while there were ok the days before (??:confused:)
- other amps were so loud I have to dial level down to -40db (I'm around -20/-25 db average across my presets)

=> all in all, sounds like a "gain structure" issue...

So:
- went back to 7b2, "update block def" with AE, "system reset" on axe panel, reset presets (Ctl+I on amp block) one by one to test: everything was fine again, with right tones back
- re-DL fw7, instal again, + "update block def" with AE, "system reset" on axe panel, reset presets
- evrything is now right, all the amp textures are right back !

May be some issues from a wrong calculation, based on a bad Dled FW ? don't know, now it's great.
will pay attention in the coming days if any weird issues come back (hope not !!)

Sounds like you might have had power amp modeling disabled, and the system reset re-enabled it.

Got a AXEFX NAMED TIMEOUT! error which locked up the AXEII last night. Was on the AC30TB patch with a heavy delay (U2 song). Was sounding great - gonna test it again today. Haven't seen one of these in nearly a year. :(

I finally had a chance to gig with fw7 last night. I can honestly say that after nearly 30 years of playing live, this is THE BEST tone I have ever had live. I've had some very pricey tube gear over the years and played through some amazing rigs of other people's. The Axe through my Matrix poweramp into my Mesa Recto cab is as good or better than any of them. Some of the firmwares I don't notice much that is different. There is something special going on in this version. The feel is right there too. It reacts just how you want an amp to react onstage. Plexi 6550, HBE, 5153 Red and USA Pre Lead Yellow are my main amps.

Thank you Cliff, this is amazing.

I finally had a chance to gig with fw7 last night. I can honestly say that after nearly 30 years of playing live, this is THE BEST tone I have ever had live. I've had some very pricey tube gear over the years and played through some amazing rigs of other people's. The Axe through my Matrix poweramp into my Mesa Recto cab is as good or better than any of them. Some of the firmwares I don't notice much that is different. There is something special going on in this version. The feel is right there too. It reacts just how you want an amp to react onstage. Plexi 6550, HBE, 5153 Red and USA Pre Lead Yellow are my main amps.

Thank you Cliff, this is amazing.

Yeah, we discovered some fascinating things recently. I was reading a paper about measuring the distortion characteristics of microwave amplifiers and that led us to a new class of analytic signal that reveals a lot about the distortion characteristics of tube amps. The reason the release took so long is we had to remeasure nearly every amp and collect and enter this new data.

I'm so happy with the new modeling that I've removed the old algorithms to make space for new stuff. I had just finished a new optical compressor algorithm but it wouldn't fit into memory. Now it can. Sounds like an LA-2A (but maybe better).

Yeah, we discovered some fascinating things recently. I was reading a paper about measuring the distortion characteristics of microwave amplifiers and that led us to a new class of analytic signal that reveals a lot about the distortion characteristics of tube amps. The reason the release took so long is we had to remeasure nearly every amp and collect and enter this new data.

I'm so happy with the new modeling that I've removed the old algorithms to make space for new stuff. I had just finished a new optical compressor algorithm but it wouldn't fit into memory. Now it can. Sounds like an LA-2A (but maybe better).

Holy crap. :) Cool.

Oh wow! Love LA-2A!
Well I have no experience with the real thing of course , I am but a common man, but various software emulations of it I just gravitated too before I even knew what it was.

Edit- I just had a thought, but then I checked the date and it's not April 1st just yet! So yey!

I would buy the hell out of your systems and signal analysis text book.

Back
Top Bottom