Axe-Fx II "Quantum" Rev 6.00 Public Beta

Man... I can see both sides of it, but it still amazes me people would want to be left out of updates because they are unwilling to move forward. all 4% of them...

Personally if my MKII never received another update, I wouldn't be pissed. I love the way it is right now but I just gotta say... these vocal opponents, what are they gonna oppose more? Deleting old F/W versions or the end of the updating line. I guess that's a debate that could probably go on forever. Can't ever make everyone happy, but you sure as hell try Cliff! You rawk.

Of course it will. It will also unleash the wrath of vocal opponents.
Because you don't get enough unsolicited opinions from know-nothing know-it-alls like myself, I'll throw my hat in the ring: If it's not too much work, simply offer the latest firmware with modeling versions removed, let the market decide. Vocal opponents are free to continue enjoying the older firmware, as they always are.

On Q6: bloody hell I'm excited. I actually only properly jammed 5.03 on the weekend just passed, and the Rectos are amazing. I never used them much before because they were scooped, woofy things that took too much time.

Now they sound incredible out of the box (so to speak). You've hit it out the part already Cliff, can't wait to see what 6 sounds like.

So this means for MK1&2:

- no more FW
- no new amps
- no block improvement like the wah
- no new ..... anything? it stops with 5.03?

Just a question to have it confirmed as the signs say only XL & XL+ for the FW. So it would be great to have a CLEAR answer what will happen.

If there will be no new FW for MK1 & 2 owners, is it possible to have the latest FIX and the WAH block and everything else possible to have in ONE final release.
Q5.1 or something.

Last edited:
Personally if my MKII never received another update, I wouldn't be pissed. I love the way it is right now but I just gotta say... these vocal opponents, what are they gonna oppose more? Deleting old F/W versions or the end of the updating line. I guess that's a debate that could probably go on forever. Can't ever make everyone happy, but you sure as hell try Cliff! You rawk.
I have a feeling that most people who are vocal about the old firmware versions are users of XL/XL+. So the "end" of the Mk I / Mk II really means nothing to them.

As a Mk II owner, I can't fault FAS if they decide Q5.03 is our final version. I've gotten years and a LOT of gigs out of it. I am sad that this generation of unit may never see any improvements for bass players, which is a bit of a shame.

I'm going to be working my presets and if I can get them to all work fine with 1 amp, I'll be very much considering selling and going with an AX8 instead. I'll miss the USB recording, but I have some nice outboard gear so it won't be a major loss at all.

Because you don't get enough unsolicited opinions from know-nothing know-it-alls like myself, I'll throw my hat in the ring: If it's not too much work, simply offer the latest firmware with modeling versions removed, let the market decide. Vocal opponents are free to continue enjoying the older firmware, as they always are.

Exactly my thoughts. If you want your Axe to sound like firmware x you can always use firmware x. But that's just me.

Will we see bug fixes and code updates that don't use too much ROM in the future?

15_Edna_Mode.jpg

As Mark I owner, thanks so much to FAS for trying to make this work for the older units as especially the Wah improvement and what is called more open sound/dynamics sound damn interesting. Then well if not then...I'll have to do with it as I do not intend changing to XL or XL+ before a few years; I have to put my kids through university so finance is directed to other priorities. Let's just wait and see (and pray that Santa Clause will be able to clean up the upload chimney). It won't ever prevent me from having fun and let's say that it's a new "opportunity" to have something to look forward to.

Above all, keep on rocking FAS !

Back
Top Bottom